Marlee Matlin Insists She's Not Broke Despite Owing Tax
Actress Marlee Matlin is in trouble with U.S. tax authorities - she owes $50,000. The Oscar-winning actress insists she's working out a schedule with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to pay back the debt, which dates back to 2009.
She tells People.com, "I'm not broke. Like everybody else, I owe money... I'm not shying away from it and I'm certainly not ashamed of it. It doesn't mean I'm a bad person. It's the reality that a lot of people in America are facing."
"My husband is a Los Angeles area police officer and between the two of us we have always made ends meet in the past - and we will in this circumstance as well."
The "Children of a Lesser God" star is also taking measures to make sure she doesn't fall behind on her taxes again - Matlin is putting the family's home up for sale and moving her kids from private to public school.
She adds, "Living modestly in a suburban neighborhood while trying to support four children through private school is not extravagant or living large. (But) transitioning out of a private school environment will certainly relieve some of the financial pressures."
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment