Maroon 5, Train and More Auction Concert Tickets for Charity
Bryan Adams, Maroon 5, Train and Barry Manilow are among the artists giving out VIP concert tickets as part of a charity auction. Each of the acts is offering up two gig tickets to raise money for the 15 Foundation's It's For the Kids auction, which will benefit children's nutrition education programs in California.
Actor John Stamos and Robin Williams have donated autographed scripts to the fundraiser, while comedienne Sarah Silverman has offered to record a voicemail message for one lucky fan. The 15 Foundation fundraiser is running on the Charity Buzz website until May 18.
In another charitable action, Red Hot Chili Peppers star Anthony Kiedis is selling off an MTV Europe Award to help raise funds for ongoing relief in devastated areas of Japan. The item features among the fresh highlights of an ongoing online auction organised by Japanese pop star Yoshimi.
Also up for grabs: a signed Clint Eastwood 35 Films 35 Years DVD collection, an "Amazing Spiderman" comic book signed by Stan Lee, and autographed guitars from Anthrax's Scott Ian and Limp Bizkit's Wes Borland.
Yoshimi says, "I am so grateful to everyone who has donated these very special items for this auction. There are nearly 140,000 people who are still living in shelters (and) so much needs to be done to help the Japanese people return to their normal lives. What we raise from this auction will help the victims."
All proceeds from the sales will benefit the Japanese Red Cross, the charity leading the clean-up effort following the devastating earthquake and tsunami which hit Japan in March. Last month, Yoshimi helped raised over $45,000 from the sale of his 'crystal piano' and an outfit Britney Spears wore for a Japanese TV commercial she filmed in 1999.
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'