Chaz Bono Considers Genital Reassignment Surgery
Transgender star Chaz Bono is considering genital reassignment surgery after legally becoming a man last year. The singer and reality TV star, who was born Chastity Bono - the daughter of Cher and Sonny Bono, has undergone extensive surgery to become a guy, including testosterone injections and breast removal, but he's still not convinced the technology exists for doctors to give him a penis.
He says, "At this point... I don't really feel comfortable doing anything about it." However, he's planning to attend an upcoming transgender medical conference in Georgia, where he plans to check out the latest advancements: "I'll be really interested to talk to some of the doctors to find out what's on the horizon."
In recent interview, Cher spent months avoiding her transgender son Chaz Bono as he went through the process to become a man - because she was terrified she wouldn't recognize him as her child.
More Cher News
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Outlander' Leads the Full TV Winner List
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Moving In With Kate Hudson Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Finding Dory' Leads Movie Winners
- Janelle Monae and Maxwell Are Set to Perform at Women's March
- Nicole Kidman Reportedly Expecting a Baby at 49
- Julia Roberts Joins 'Smurfs: The Lost Village'. Get the First Look!
- Ryan Lochte Unveils Baby's Sex, Dishes on Wedding Plans With Fiancee Kayla Rae Reid
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy