Chaz Bono Considers Genital Reassignment Surgery
Transgender star Chaz Bono is considering genital reassignment surgery after legally becoming a man last year. The singer and reality TV star, who was born Chastity Bono - the daughter of Cher and Sonny Bono, has undergone extensive surgery to become a guy, including testosterone injections and breast removal, but he's still not convinced the technology exists for doctors to give him a penis.
He says, "At this point... I don't really feel comfortable doing anything about it." However, he's planning to attend an upcoming transgender medical conference in Georgia, where he plans to check out the latest advancements: "I'll be really interested to talk to some of the doctors to find out what's on the horizon."
In recent interview, Cher spent months avoiding her transgender son Chaz Bono as he went through the process to become a man - because she was terrified she wouldn't recognize him as her child.
More Cher News
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4