Chaz Bono Considers Genital Reassignment Surgery
Transgender star Chaz Bono is considering genital reassignment surgery after legally becoming a man last year. The singer and reality TV star, who was born Chastity Bono - the daughter of Cher and Sonny Bono, has undergone extensive surgery to become a guy, including testosterone injections and breast removal, but he's still not convinced the technology exists for doctors to give him a penis.
He says, "At this point... I don't really feel comfortable doing anything about it." However, he's planning to attend an upcoming transgender medical conference in Georgia, where he plans to check out the latest advancements: "I'll be really interested to talk to some of the doctors to find out what's on the horizon."
In recent interview, Cher spent months avoiding her transgender son Chaz Bono as he went through the process to become a man - because she was terrified she wouldn't recognize him as her child.
More Cher News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival