Chaz Bono Considers Genital Reassignment Surgery
Transgender star Chaz Bono is considering genital reassignment surgery after legally becoming a man last year. The singer and reality TV star, who was born Chastity Bono - the daughter of Cher and Sonny Bono, has undergone extensive surgery to become a guy, including testosterone injections and breast removal, but he's still not convinced the technology exists for doctors to give him a penis.
He says, "At this point... I don't really feel comfortable doing anything about it." However, he's planning to attend an upcoming transgender medical conference in Georgia, where he plans to check out the latest advancements: "I'll be really interested to talk to some of the doctors to find out what's on the horizon."
In recent interview, Cher spent months avoiding her transgender son Chaz Bono as he went through the process to become a man - because she was terrified she wouldn't recognize him as her child.
More Cher News
- Chris Klein Welcomes First Child With Wife, Shares First Photos of Cute Baby Boy
- 'American Horror Story' First Season 6 Teasers Are Creepy as Hell
- JoJo to Release New Album 'Mad Love' in October
- Ed Sheeran Sparks Wedding Rumors After Spotted With Ring on That Finger
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed