'Blade' Star's Father Found Dead in Home
The father of "Blade" actress N'Bushe Wright was found dead in his home on Tuesday, May 10, hours after a relative had reported him missing. Police discovered Stanley Wright, a well known New York City jazz musician, stuffed in a storage chest in the basement of his Brooklyn residence.
Adrienne Wright, Stanley's niece, who stopped by her uncle's house on Saturday, May 7, tells the New York Post, "I knew something was wrong. I saw the door open, something told me to go inside. The house was messy and he would never live like that. I thought maybe he was away for a couple of days."
The cause of death has not yet been determined. Wright was last seen on Friday, May 6.
The 62 year old, who had played bass, piano and drums at the world famous Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, also taught music at a local school. He is survived by his three children.
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season
- BET Awards 2017: Leslie Jones Mocks Amber Rose's 'Bush' Pic, Pokes Fun at Young Rappers' Names
- BET Awards 2017: Jada Pinkett Smith and Cardi B Ditch Bras, Blac Chyna Flashes Butt on Red Carpet
- Lorde Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Melodrama'
- New 'Marvel's Inhumans' Poster Reveals First Look at Attilan
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors