'Blade' Star's Father Found Dead in Home
The father of "Blade" actress N'Bushe Wright was found dead in his home on Tuesday, May 10, hours after a relative had reported him missing. Police discovered Stanley Wright, a well known New York City jazz musician, stuffed in a storage chest in the basement of his Brooklyn residence.
Adrienne Wright, Stanley's niece, who stopped by her uncle's house on Saturday, May 7, tells the New York Post, "I knew something was wrong. I saw the door open, something told me to go inside. The house was messy and he would never live like that. I thought maybe he was away for a couple of days."
The cause of death has not yet been determined. Wright was last seen on Friday, May 6.
The 62 year old, who had played bass, piano and drums at the world famous Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, also taught music at a local school. He is survived by his three children.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'