'Road Trip' Actress Dies After Having Knee Surgery
Plus-sized "Road Trip" actress Mia Amber Davis has died following complications from knee surgery. She was 36.
Davis underwent surgery to correct an old sports injury in Los Angeles on Monday, May 9, but she was re-admitted to a hospital on Tuesday, May 10 after complaining of dizziness. She later lost consciousness and was subsequently declared dead.
Her husband of three years, Mike Yard, has been left devastated by the sudden loss and is demanding answers, telling TMZ.com, "I want to know what happened to my wife."
The star rose to fame as one of the first black full-figured models and branched out into acting in 2000, when she landed a role in director Todd Phillips' hit comedy "Road Trip", starring as Rhonda, the curvaceous love interest of actor DJ Qualls' geeky character Kyle Edwards. At the time of the shoot, she weighed in at 300 pounds (136 kilograms).
She went on to appear as an uncredited stand-in for rapper-turned-actress Queen Latifah in TV movie "Life Support" and romantic comedy "The Perfect Holiday", both in 2007.
Hip-hop star Ahmir '?uestlove' Thompson of The Roots has paid tribute to Davis on his Twitter page, writing, "Road Trip was JUST on TV night b4 (sic) last! R.I.P. Mia Amber Davis, Plus-Size Model & Road Trip Comic Seductress."
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party