Kristen Stewart Is Best Actress at Milan Film Fest
"Twilight" star Kristen Stewart was the toast of Italy's Milan International Film Festival (MIFF) on Tuesday, May 10 after winning the coveted Best Actress honour. The actress, best known for playing Bella Swan in the vampire franchise, was picked for the top MIFF prize for her portrayal of a troubled stripper in "Welcome to the Rileys".
The "Wire" star Aidan Gillen was named Best Actor for his performance in "Treacle Jr.", while Nadia Tass was voted Best Director for her drama Matching Jack. Filmmaker Fenton Bailey picked up the Best Documentary accolade for "Becoming Chaz", about pop legend Cher's transgender son Chaz Bono.
Kristen Stewart is currently waiting for the release of "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I" which is due later this year.
More Kristen Stewart News
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4