Kristen Stewart Is Best Actress at Milan Film Fest
"Twilight" star Kristen Stewart was the toast of Italy's Milan International Film Festival (MIFF) on Tuesday, May 10 after winning the coveted Best Actress honour. The actress, best known for playing Bella Swan in the vampire franchise, was picked for the top MIFF prize for her portrayal of a troubled stripper in "Welcome to the Rileys".
The "Wire" star Aidan Gillen was named Best Actor for his performance in "Treacle Jr.", while Nadia Tass was voted Best Director for her drama Matching Jack. Filmmaker Fenton Bailey picked up the Best Documentary accolade for "Becoming Chaz", about pop legend Cher's transgender son Chaz Bono.
Kristen Stewart is currently waiting for the release of "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I" which is due later this year.
More Kristen Stewart News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival