The Game Furious Over His 'Red Nation' Video Ban
Embattled rapper The Game has blasted TV network bosses in the U.S. after learning the video for his new single "Red Nation" has been banned from broadcast for its portrayal of gang culture. The "Dreams" hitmaker, real name Jayceon Taylor, was forced to cancel a tour of Canada last month after immigration officials refused him entry into the country due to his alleged affiliation with notorious Los Angeles gang The Bloods. And now the street links are causing The Game more problems.
He claims his "Red Nation" promo, which features collaborator Lil Wayne, has been deemed inappropriate for airing on cable networks MTV and BET. In a post on his Twitter.com blog on Tuesday, May 10, he writes, "So BET 'BANNED' the REDNation video !!!!! Said me & (Wayne) were too gang affiliated in it. Thoughts?"
Shortly afterwards, the rapper added, "This just in: the video so HARD it just got 'BANNED' from MtV too ha ha ha...." But The Game is refusing to let the snub derail his plans for promotion - he has vowed to release the video online so fans can form their own opinions about the controversy for themselves.
He tweets, "F**K IT !!!! I'm premering (sic) it on Thursday online MYSELF!!!"
More The Game News
- Ryan Lochte Unveils Baby's Sex, Dishes on Wedding Plans With Fiancee Kayla Rae Reid
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Ellen DeGeneres Breaks Record With 20th Win
- Fergie and Josh Duhamel Are Trying for Baby No. 2
- Khloe Kardashian Is 'Thrilled' She's Expecting First Child With Tristan Thompson
- Sony's Animated 'Spider-Man' Movie Will Feature Miles Morales as the Lead
- People's Choice Awards 2017: J.Lo, Blake Lively, Kristen Bell Stun on Red Carpet
- Grammy Awards 2017: John Legend, Metallica Among First Performers Announced