The Game Furious Over His 'Red Nation' Video Ban
Embattled rapper The Game has blasted TV network bosses in the U.S. after learning the video for his new single "Red Nation" has been banned from broadcast for its portrayal of gang culture. The "Dreams" hitmaker, real name Jayceon Taylor, was forced to cancel a tour of Canada last month after immigration officials refused him entry into the country due to his alleged affiliation with notorious Los Angeles gang The Bloods. And now the street links are causing The Game more problems.
He claims his "Red Nation" promo, which features collaborator Lil Wayne, has been deemed inappropriate for airing on cable networks MTV and BET. In a post on his Twitter.com blog on Tuesday, May 10, he writes, "So BET 'BANNED' the REDNation video !!!!! Said me & (Wayne) were too gang affiliated in it. Thoughts?"
Shortly afterwards, the rapper added, "This just in: the video so HARD it just got 'BANNED' from MtV too ha ha ha...." But The Game is refusing to let the snub derail his plans for promotion - he has vowed to release the video online so fans can form their own opinions about the controversy for themselves.
He tweets, "F**K IT !!!! I'm premering (sic) it on Thursday online MYSELF!!!"
More The Game News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent