The Game Furious Over His 'Red Nation' Video Ban
Embattled rapper The Game has blasted TV network bosses in the U.S. after learning the video for his new single "Red Nation" has been banned from broadcast for its portrayal of gang culture. The "Dreams" hitmaker, real name Jayceon Taylor, was forced to cancel a tour of Canada last month after immigration officials refused him entry into the country due to his alleged affiliation with notorious Los Angeles gang The Bloods. And now the street links are causing The Game more problems.
He claims his "Red Nation" promo, which features collaborator Lil Wayne, has been deemed inappropriate for airing on cable networks MTV and BET. In a post on his Twitter.com blog on Tuesday, May 10, he writes, "So BET 'BANNED' the REDNation video !!!!! Said me & (Wayne) were too gang affiliated in it. Thoughts?"
Shortly afterwards, the rapper added, "This just in: the video so HARD it just got 'BANNED' from MtV too ha ha ha...." But The Game is refusing to let the snub derail his plans for promotion - he has vowed to release the video online so fans can form their own opinions about the controversy for themselves.
He tweets, "F**K IT !!!! I'm premering (sic) it on Thursday online MYSELF!!!"
- Kim Kardashian Looks Gloomy During Outing After Paris Robbery
- Brad Pitt's Child Abuse Investigation Extended due to New Key Accusation
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards