The Game Furious Over His 'Red Nation' Video Ban
Embattled rapper The Game has blasted TV network bosses in the U.S. after learning the video for his new single "Red Nation" has been banned from broadcast for its portrayal of gang culture. The "Dreams" hitmaker, real name Jayceon Taylor, was forced to cancel a tour of Canada last month after immigration officials refused him entry into the country due to his alleged affiliation with notorious Los Angeles gang The Bloods. And now the street links are causing The Game more problems.
He claims his "Red Nation" promo, which features collaborator Lil Wayne, has been deemed inappropriate for airing on cable networks MTV and BET. In a post on his Twitter.com blog on Tuesday, May 10, he writes, "So BET 'BANNED' the REDNation video !!!!! Said me & (Wayne) were too gang affiliated in it. Thoughts?"
Shortly afterwards, the rapper added, "This just in: the video so HARD it just got 'BANNED' from MtV too ha ha ha...." But The Game is refusing to let the snub derail his plans for promotion - he has vowed to release the video online so fans can form their own opinions about the controversy for themselves.
He tweets, "F**K IT !!!! I'm premering (sic) it on Thursday online MYSELF!!!"
More The Game News
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos