The Game Furious Over His 'Red Nation' Video Ban
Embattled rapper The Game has blasted TV network bosses in the U.S. after learning the video for his new single "Red Nation" has been banned from broadcast for its portrayal of gang culture. The "Dreams" hitmaker, real name Jayceon Taylor, was forced to cancel a tour of Canada last month after immigration officials refused him entry into the country due to his alleged affiliation with notorious Los Angeles gang The Bloods. And now the street links are causing The Game more problems.
He claims his "Red Nation" promo, which features collaborator Lil Wayne, has been deemed inappropriate for airing on cable networks MTV and BET. In a post on his Twitter.com blog on Tuesday, May 10, he writes, "So BET 'BANNED' the REDNation video !!!!! Said me & (Wayne) were too gang affiliated in it. Thoughts?"
Shortly afterwards, the rapper added, "This just in: the video so HARD it just got 'BANNED' from MtV too ha ha ha...." But The Game is refusing to let the snub derail his plans for promotion - he has vowed to release the video online so fans can form their own opinions about the controversy for themselves.
He tweets, "F**K IT !!!! I'm premering (sic) it on Thursday online MYSELF!!!"
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri