Lady GaGa and Kanye West to Rock Cannes Film Festival
Lady GaGa will help kick off the festivities at the Cannes Film Festival in France on Wednesday, May 11 by playing an exclusive concert for the A-list crowd. The pop superstar is in the country to promote her upcoming album "Born This Way" and she will make a stop in Cannes on the opening day of the famous movie event to perform for guests.
GaGa will take over a stage on the famous Boulevard de la Croisette for a special show, which will be broadcast on Le Grand Journal TV show, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Kanye West is also expected to perform during the festival next week.
In another news related to the film festival, it's reported that Carla Bruni has pulled out of plans to attend the upcoming Cannes Film Festival in France due to "personal reasons". France's first lady, who is married to President Nicolas Sarkozy, was due to make an appearance at the event to promote her new movie, Midnight in Paris, with director Woody Allen.
The romantic comedy will open the festival on Wednesday, May 11, but Bruni has now confirmed she won't be able to attend the glitzy premiere, telling RTL radio, "I was dreaming of going (to Cannes)... I regret it but I cannot go for personal reasons and for professional reasons, unfortunately."
The news comes amid rumours Bruni and Sarkozy are expecting their first child together, but when asked about the stories, the former model refused to comment, adding, "(My) lips are, in a sense, sealed."
More Lady GaGa News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby