Chaz Bono Surprised by Cher's Text
Cher stunned her son Chaz Bono by referring to him by his new name before his appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show". The transgender star admits his mother continues to struggle with aspects of his sex change - but calling him Chaz in a text he received before his appearance on the Oprah show was a big breakthrough.
On the show, which aired in America on Monday, May 9, Bono said, "The hard thing for my mom is because she is a public figure and because she has this personality of kind of being so cool about stuff and progressive, people forget that she's a parent."
"A lot of parents never speak to their transgender kids again; that's not the case in my family. There's no doubt about her love for me. She's getting better and better. She sent me a text this morning and it was really nice... She wrote in her text today 'Chaz', so that was really huge. She's moving in the right direction."
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard