Chaz Bono Surprised by Cher's Text
Cher stunned her son Chaz Bono by referring to him by his new name before his appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show". The transgender star admits his mother continues to struggle with aspects of his sex change - but calling him Chaz in a text he received before his appearance on the Oprah show was a big breakthrough.
On the show, which aired in America on Monday, May 9, Bono said, "The hard thing for my mom is because she is a public figure and because she has this personality of kind of being so cool about stuff and progressive, people forget that she's a parent."
"A lot of parents never speak to their transgender kids again; that's not the case in my family. There's no doubt about her love for me. She's getting better and better. She sent me a text this morning and it was really nice... She wrote in her text today 'Chaz', so that was really huge. She's moving in the right direction."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences