Chaz Bono Surprised by Cher's Text
Cher stunned her son Chaz Bono by referring to him by his new name before his appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show". The transgender star admits his mother continues to struggle with aspects of his sex change - but calling him Chaz in a text he received before his appearance on the Oprah show was a big breakthrough.
On the show, which aired in America on Monday, May 9, Bono said, "The hard thing for my mom is because she is a public figure and because she has this personality of kind of being so cool about stuff and progressive, people forget that she's a parent."
"A lot of parents never speak to their transgender kids again; that's not the case in my family. There's no doubt about her love for me. She's getting better and better. She sent me a text this morning and it was really nice... She wrote in her text today 'Chaz', so that was really huge. She's moving in the right direction."
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role