Chaz Bono Surprised by Cher's Text
Cher stunned her son Chaz Bono by referring to him by his new name before his appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show". The transgender star admits his mother continues to struggle with aspects of his sex change - but calling him Chaz in a text he received before his appearance on the Oprah show was a big breakthrough.
On the show, which aired in America on Monday, May 9, Bono said, "The hard thing for my mom is because she is a public figure and because she has this personality of kind of being so cool about stuff and progressive, people forget that she's a parent."
"A lot of parents never speak to their transgender kids again; that's not the case in my family. There's no doubt about her love for me. She's getting better and better. She sent me a text this morning and it was really nice... She wrote in her text today 'Chaz', so that was really huge. She's moving in the right direction."
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular