Chaz Bono Surprised by Cher's Text
Cher stunned her son Chaz Bono by referring to him by his new name before his appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show". The transgender star admits his mother continues to struggle with aspects of his sex change - but calling him Chaz in a text he received before his appearance on the Oprah show was a big breakthrough.
On the show, which aired in America on Monday, May 9, Bono said, "The hard thing for my mom is because she is a public figure and because she has this personality of kind of being so cool about stuff and progressive, people forget that she's a parent."
"A lot of parents never speak to their transgender kids again; that's not the case in my family. There's no doubt about her love for me. She's getting better and better. She sent me a text this morning and it was really nice... She wrote in her text today 'Chaz', so that was really huge. She's moving in the right direction."
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones