Motherhood Changes Penelope Cruz
Penelope Cruz has opened up about motherhood for the first time, admitting she changed "immediately" after giving birth to a baby boy earlier in 2011. The "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" actress and her husband Javier Bardem welcomed their first child, a son rumored to be called Leo, in January.
Cruz is relishing her new role as mother, calling it a "beautiful feeling" - and insists parenthood has already had a profound effect on her. She tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "Being a mother changes you immediately. It's hard to explain because it's so deep. But it's the most beautiful feeling I have ever had."
The Oscar-winning star is now scaling back her work commitments to focus on her family, adding, "Working as hard as I did is not for me any more. I was exhausted and had nothing to give. You have to live your life to be able to tell other stories. I'm happy I made that decision. I've always measured the success of my work by the experience I had, not by how many awards I got. I hope it will stay like that for me."
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner