Tania Zaetta's Charity Shuts Down
The Bollywood star Tania Zaetta is the sole director of Peace for the Children (PFTC), which has been the subject of an investigation by officials at the Queensland Office of Fair Trading since March.
Authorities have found the organization was not properly registered and a solicitor for the charity, Clinton Smith, has now confirmed the body will be shut down. He also blamed a slip-up on Zaetta's behalf for the documentation problem.
Smith tells the Sydney Morning Herald, "This was an oversight on Tania's behalf. The charity is a charity. It wasn't registered under the Collections Act to raise funds (and that) was an oversight. (Zaetta) had all the accounts audited and she voluntarily went to the Office of Fair Trading... (Peace for the Children) won't reform... all the assets of the charity will be given to another charity with the express intention that it will continue on with the same projects (Zaetta) aligned herself with."
Zaetta hit headlines last month after allegedly becoming embroiled in a fight at a nightclub in Southport, Queensland.
The 41 year old has pleaded not guilty to charges of obstructing police and causing a public nuisance and is due back in court this week.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal