Tania Zaetta's Charity Shuts Down
The Bollywood star Tania Zaetta is the sole director of Peace for the Children (PFTC), which has been the subject of an investigation by officials at the Queensland Office of Fair Trading since March.
Authorities have found the organization was not properly registered and a solicitor for the charity, Clinton Smith, has now confirmed the body will be shut down. He also blamed a slip-up on Zaetta's behalf for the documentation problem.
Smith tells the Sydney Morning Herald, "This was an oversight on Tania's behalf. The charity is a charity. It wasn't registered under the Collections Act to raise funds (and that) was an oversight. (Zaetta) had all the accounts audited and she voluntarily went to the Office of Fair Trading... (Peace for the Children) won't reform... all the assets of the charity will be given to another charity with the express intention that it will continue on with the same projects (Zaetta) aligned herself with."
Zaetta hit headlines last month after allegedly becoming embroiled in a fight at a nightclub in Southport, Queensland.
The 41 year old has pleaded not guilty to charges of obstructing police and causing a public nuisance and is due back in court this week.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris