Tania Zaetta's Charity Shuts Down
The Bollywood star Tania Zaetta is the sole director of Peace for the Children (PFTC), which has been the subject of an investigation by officials at the Queensland Office of Fair Trading since March.
Authorities have found the organization was not properly registered and a solicitor for the charity, Clinton Smith, has now confirmed the body will be shut down. He also blamed a slip-up on Zaetta's behalf for the documentation problem.
Smith tells the Sydney Morning Herald, "This was an oversight on Tania's behalf. The charity is a charity. It wasn't registered under the Collections Act to raise funds (and that) was an oversight. (Zaetta) had all the accounts audited and she voluntarily went to the Office of Fair Trading... (Peace for the Children) won't reform... all the assets of the charity will be given to another charity with the express intention that it will continue on with the same projects (Zaetta) aligned herself with."
Zaetta hit headlines last month after allegedly becoming embroiled in a fight at a nightclub in Southport, Queensland.
The 41 year old has pleaded not guilty to charges of obstructing police and causing a public nuisance and is due back in court this week.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri