Tania Zaetta's Charity Shuts Down
The Bollywood star Tania Zaetta is the sole director of Peace for the Children (PFTC), which has been the subject of an investigation by officials at the Queensland Office of Fair Trading since March.
Authorities have found the organization was not properly registered and a solicitor for the charity, Clinton Smith, has now confirmed the body will be shut down. He also blamed a slip-up on Zaetta's behalf for the documentation problem.
Smith tells the Sydney Morning Herald, "This was an oversight on Tania's behalf. The charity is a charity. It wasn't registered under the Collections Act to raise funds (and that) was an oversight. (Zaetta) had all the accounts audited and she voluntarily went to the Office of Fair Trading... (Peace for the Children) won't reform... all the assets of the charity will be given to another charity with the express intention that it will continue on with the same projects (Zaetta) aligned herself with."
Zaetta hit headlines last month after allegedly becoming embroiled in a fight at a nightclub in Southport, Queensland.
The 41 year old has pleaded not guilty to charges of obstructing police and causing a public nuisance and is due back in court this week.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes