Kim Cattrall to Be Honored by Gay Rights Group
Kim Cattrall, best known for playing feisty Samantha Jones in the racy franchise "Sex and the City", will be handed the Golden Gate Award at the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation ceremony in San Francisco, California.
Recipients are picked for doing work which increases "the understanding and visibility" of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community.
GLAAD president Jarrett Barrios says, "Kim Cattrall has not only grown acceptance of our community through story lines on shows like Sex and the City but used her platform to speak out for equality. We are proud to honor such a talented and passionate advocate."
The prize giving, hosted by "Glee" star Naya Rivera, will be held at the San Francisco Marriot Marquis on May 14.
Cattrall's former "Sex and the City" co-star Cynthia Nixon, who came out as a lesbian after splitting from long-time partner Danny Mozes in 2003, received a top GLAAD prize last year.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'