Kim Cattrall to Be Honored by Gay Rights Group
Kim Cattrall, best known for playing feisty Samantha Jones in the racy franchise "Sex and the City", will be handed the Golden Gate Award at the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation ceremony in San Francisco, California.
Recipients are picked for doing work which increases "the understanding and visibility" of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community.
GLAAD president Jarrett Barrios says, "Kim Cattrall has not only grown acceptance of our community through story lines on shows like Sex and the City but used her platform to speak out for equality. We are proud to honor such a talented and passionate advocate."
The prize giving, hosted by "Glee" star Naya Rivera, will be held at the San Francisco Marriot Marquis on May 14.
Cattrall's former "Sex and the City" co-star Cynthia Nixon, who came out as a lesbian after splitting from long-time partner Danny Mozes in 2003, received a top GLAAD prize last year.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie