Kim Cattrall to Be Honored by Gay Rights Group
Kim Cattrall, best known for playing feisty Samantha Jones in the racy franchise "Sex and the City", will be handed the Golden Gate Award at the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation ceremony in San Francisco, California.
Recipients are picked for doing work which increases "the understanding and visibility" of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community.
GLAAD president Jarrett Barrios says, "Kim Cattrall has not only grown acceptance of our community through story lines on shows like Sex and the City but used her platform to speak out for equality. We are proud to honor such a talented and passionate advocate."
The prize giving, hosted by "Glee" star Naya Rivera, will be held at the San Francisco Marriot Marquis on May 14.
Cattrall's former "Sex and the City" co-star Cynthia Nixon, who came out as a lesbian after splitting from long-time partner Danny Mozes in 2003, received a top GLAAD prize last year.
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama