Kim Cattrall to Be Honored by Gay Rights Group
Kim Cattrall, best known for playing feisty Samantha Jones in the racy franchise "Sex and the City", will be handed the Golden Gate Award at the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation ceremony in San Francisco, California.
Recipients are picked for doing work which increases "the understanding and visibility" of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community.
GLAAD president Jarrett Barrios says, "Kim Cattrall has not only grown acceptance of our community through story lines on shows like Sex and the City but used her platform to speak out for equality. We are proud to honor such a talented and passionate advocate."
The prize giving, hosted by "Glee" star Naya Rivera, will be held at the San Francisco Marriot Marquis on May 14.
Cattrall's former "Sex and the City" co-star Cynthia Nixon, who came out as a lesbian after splitting from long-time partner Danny Mozes in 2003, received a top GLAAD prize last year.
More Kim Cattrall News
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards
- Simon Pegg and Mike Myers Join Margot Robbie in Thriller 'Terminal'
- 'The Flash' Season 2 Finale: The Man in the Iron Mask Reveal Brings in Another Speedster
- Kendall Jenner Says She's Psychic. Get Details of Her Sixth Sense
- Lil Wayne and Birdman Are Still Feuding After Settlement Talks 'Broke Off'
- Khloe Kardashian Fears Blac Chyna Will Use Her Baby With Rob for Fame and Fortune
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance