Imogen Stubbs Defends Trevor Nunn Friendship
Last month, Imogen Stubbs announced her 21-year marriage to the theater director Trevor Nunn had come to an end, but they fueled reports of a romantic reconciliation after they were subsequently photographed together in their pajamas in the doorway of their London home.
The "Sense and Sensibility" star, who is now dating a new partner, now admits she is baffled by the fuss over their ongoing friendship and reveals she will always be fond of Trevor Nunn, the father of her two children.
She tells Britain's The Times, "Isn't it good we like each other? We are good friends, is that so shameful? That we still like being together? In our case we are just redefining what we had..."
"Trevor and I have always loved our friendship. If you marry someone as charismatic, funny and wise as he is, you can't not have wonderful memories... He is an amazing dad and a fascinating, generous, great man. I have been very spoilt."
Stubbs would also like to prove her split from Nunn is amicable by working with him on an adaptation of Ingmar Bergman's "Scenes from a Marriage."
She adds, "I hope Trevor and I do another play together. Oddly, we rehearsed 'Scenes from a Marriage' together, which was a brilliant, harrowing play, but we didn't discuss our marriage. I would like to do that play properly. It would show a sense of solidarity or irony or lunacy and it would be a great loss not to do it. It would be a treat."
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris