Imogen Stubbs Defends Trevor Nunn Friendship
Last month, Imogen Stubbs announced her 21-year marriage to the theater director Trevor Nunn had come to an end, but they fueled reports of a romantic reconciliation after they were subsequently photographed together in their pajamas in the doorway of their London home.
The "Sense and Sensibility" star, who is now dating a new partner, now admits she is baffled by the fuss over their ongoing friendship and reveals she will always be fond of Trevor Nunn, the father of her two children.
She tells Britain's The Times, "Isn't it good we like each other? We are good friends, is that so shameful? That we still like being together? In our case we are just redefining what we had..."
"Trevor and I have always loved our friendship. If you marry someone as charismatic, funny and wise as he is, you can't not have wonderful memories... He is an amazing dad and a fascinating, generous, great man. I have been very spoilt."
Stubbs would also like to prove her split from Nunn is amicable by working with him on an adaptation of Ingmar Bergman's "Scenes from a Marriage."
She adds, "I hope Trevor and I do another play together. Oddly, we rehearsed 'Scenes from a Marriage' together, which was a brilliant, harrowing play, but we didn't discuss our marriage. I would like to do that play properly. It would show a sense of solidarity or irony or lunacy and it would be a great loss not to do it. It would be a treat."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal