Imogen Stubbs Defends Trevor Nunn Friendship
Last month, Imogen Stubbs announced her 21-year marriage to the theater director Trevor Nunn had come to an end, but they fueled reports of a romantic reconciliation after they were subsequently photographed together in their pajamas in the doorway of their London home.
The "Sense and Sensibility" star, who is now dating a new partner, now admits she is baffled by the fuss over their ongoing friendship and reveals she will always be fond of Trevor Nunn, the father of her two children.
She tells Britain's The Times, "Isn't it good we like each other? We are good friends, is that so shameful? That we still like being together? In our case we are just redefining what we had..."
"Trevor and I have always loved our friendship. If you marry someone as charismatic, funny and wise as he is, you can't not have wonderful memories... He is an amazing dad and a fascinating, generous, great man. I have been very spoilt."
Stubbs would also like to prove her split from Nunn is amicable by working with him on an adaptation of Ingmar Bergman's "Scenes from a Marriage."
She adds, "I hope Trevor and I do another play together. Oddly, we rehearsed 'Scenes from a Marriage' together, which was a brilliant, harrowing play, but we didn't discuss our marriage. I would like to do that play properly. It would show a sense of solidarity or irony or lunacy and it would be a great loss not to do it. It would be a treat."
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake