Charlie Sheen's Snoop Single to Benefit Tornado Victims
Charlie Sheen has collaborated with rapper Snoop Dogg and former Korn guitarist Rob Patterson to create the song, named after his famous catchphrase.
The track will be made available to download from Tuesday, May 10, and Sheen has promised to give the proceeds to victims of the massive storms which swept across six southern U.S. states late last month, leaving almost 300 people dead.
In a post on his Twitter page on Sunday, Patterson wrote, "2 days til the single 'Winning' from me, Snoop & Charlie comes out on iTunes! Donating proceeds to the tornado victims."
But Patterson, who also helped Sheen create the music for his live tour, has urged fans and critics to enjoy the track for what it is - pure entertainment.
He tells the Los Angeles Times, "Look, it's a good song. But I honestly don't want people to take it seriously. It's meant to be fun and entertaining... The song started off being about Charlie Sheen. But when Snoop came in, I said I didn't want it to be just about Charlie and repeating his key phrases. It's unilaterally about winning."
Meanwhile, Sheen has lavished praise on his rap pal for his professionalism during the recording of the song.
He says, "(I had) a shortlist of people who would be able to carry the 'winning' wildfire the best. Snoop was on top of that list... Snoop is a warlock. He came in and nailed it in a couple of hours."
Sheen has already launched a website urging fans to donate cash for those affected by the tornado disaster and promises an autographed baseball for those who pledge at least $100 (GBP62.50) to the cause.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal