Chipmunk Turned Down Fish Shop Job
The "Oopsy Daisy" hitmaker Chipmunk was offered a role in a branch of U.K. supermarket Sainsbury's before he shot to fame, and even though he needed the work, the hip-hop star turned the job down because of the compulsory uniform he would have to wear.
He says, "I was 16, my brother was working in Sainsbury's, I had good grades so my CV (resume) was nice. I handed my CV in and they offered me a job in the fish department. I just remember when we used to go into Sainsbury's, we always walked past the fish department and thought... I don't want to wear that hat!"
Chipmunk is now teaming up with British store bosses to perform at Sainsbury's Super Saturday, a concert featuring acts including The Saturdays and Taio Cruz in support of the London 2012 Paralympic Games. The gig takes place in London on September 10.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7