Chipmunk Turned Down Fish Shop Job
The "Oopsy Daisy" hitmaker Chipmunk was offered a role in a branch of U.K. supermarket Sainsbury's before he shot to fame, and even though he needed the work, the hip-hop star turned the job down because of the compulsory uniform he would have to wear.
He says, "I was 16, my brother was working in Sainsbury's, I had good grades so my CV (resume) was nice. I handed my CV in and they offered me a job in the fish department. I just remember when we used to go into Sainsbury's, we always walked past the fish department and thought... I don't want to wear that hat!"
Chipmunk is now teaming up with British store bosses to perform at Sainsbury's Super Saturday, a concert featuring acts including The Saturdays and Taio Cruz in support of the London 2012 Paralympic Games. The gig takes place in London on September 10.
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton