Chipmunk Turned Down Fish Shop Job
The "Oopsy Daisy" hitmaker Chipmunk was offered a role in a branch of U.K. supermarket Sainsbury's before he shot to fame, and even though he needed the work, the hip-hop star turned the job down because of the compulsory uniform he would have to wear.
He says, "I was 16, my brother was working in Sainsbury's, I had good grades so my CV (resume) was nice. I handed my CV in and they offered me a job in the fish department. I just remember when we used to go into Sainsbury's, we always walked past the fish department and thought... I don't want to wear that hat!"
Chipmunk is now teaming up with British store bosses to perform at Sainsbury's Super Saturday, a concert featuring acts including The Saturdays and Taio Cruz in support of the London 2012 Paralympic Games. The gig takes place in London on September 10.
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role