Chipmunk Turned Down Fish Shop Job
The "Oopsy Daisy" hitmaker Chipmunk was offered a role in a branch of U.K. supermarket Sainsbury's before he shot to fame, and even though he needed the work, the hip-hop star turned the job down because of the compulsory uniform he would have to wear.
He says, "I was 16, my brother was working in Sainsbury's, I had good grades so my CV (resume) was nice. I handed my CV in and they offered me a job in the fish department. I just remember when we used to go into Sainsbury's, we always walked past the fish department and thought... I don't want to wear that hat!"
Chipmunk is now teaming up with British store bosses to perform at Sainsbury's Super Saturday, a concert featuring acts including The Saturdays and Taio Cruz in support of the London 2012 Paralympic Games. The gig takes place in London on September 10.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media