Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell Planning Courthouse Wedding
The Beatles legend, Paul McCartney, 68, who has been dating the American heiress Nancy Shevell since 2007, proposed to his bride-to-be earlier this month with a 1925 Cartier engagement ring, worth an estimated $650,000 (GBP406,250).
But the happy couple is set to shun extravagant festivities to mark their marriage in favor of a "small" ceremony for close family and friends.
Nancy Shevell, 51, tells New York Post columnist Cindy Adams, "I don't know the exact date. And don't ask what I'll wear because how dressy do you get to stand before a Justice of the Peace in his chambers? Which is exactly what we're doing."
The wedding will mark Paul McCartney's third trip to the altar. He lost his first wife, Linda Eastman, to breast cancer in 1998 and was married to Heather Mills for four years before their bitter split in 2006. Shevell has been married once before.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture