Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell Planning Courthouse Wedding
The Beatles legend, Paul McCartney, 68, who has been dating the American heiress Nancy Shevell since 2007, proposed to his bride-to-be earlier this month with a 1925 Cartier engagement ring, worth an estimated $650,000 (GBP406,250).
But the happy couple is set to shun extravagant festivities to mark their marriage in favor of a "small" ceremony for close family and friends.
Nancy Shevell, 51, tells New York Post columnist Cindy Adams, "I don't know the exact date. And don't ask what I'll wear because how dressy do you get to stand before a Justice of the Peace in his chambers? Which is exactly what we're doing."
The wedding will mark Paul McCartney's third trip to the altar. He lost his first wife, Linda Eastman, to breast cancer in 1998 and was married to Heather Mills for four years before their bitter split in 2006. Shevell has been married once before.
More Paul McCartney News
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- The Next 'X-Men' Sequel May Be Directed by Simon Kinberg
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors