Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell Planning Courthouse Wedding
The Beatles legend, Paul McCartney, 68, who has been dating the American heiress Nancy Shevell since 2007, proposed to his bride-to-be earlier this month with a 1925 Cartier engagement ring, worth an estimated $650,000 (GBP406,250).
But the happy couple is set to shun extravagant festivities to mark their marriage in favor of a "small" ceremony for close family and friends.
Nancy Shevell, 51, tells New York Post columnist Cindy Adams, "I don't know the exact date. And don't ask what I'll wear because how dressy do you get to stand before a Justice of the Peace in his chambers? Which is exactly what we're doing."
The wedding will mark Paul McCartney's third trip to the altar. He lost his first wife, Linda Eastman, to breast cancer in 1998 and was married to Heather Mills for four years before their bitter split in 2006. Shevell has been married once before.
More Paul McCartney News
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role