Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell Planning Courthouse Wedding
The Beatles legend, Paul McCartney, 68, who has been dating the American heiress Nancy Shevell since 2007, proposed to his bride-to-be earlier this month with a 1925 Cartier engagement ring, worth an estimated $650,000 (GBP406,250).
But the happy couple is set to shun extravagant festivities to mark their marriage in favor of a "small" ceremony for close family and friends.
Nancy Shevell, 51, tells New York Post columnist Cindy Adams, "I don't know the exact date. And don't ask what I'll wear because how dressy do you get to stand before a Justice of the Peace in his chambers? Which is exactly what we're doing."
The wedding will mark Paul McCartney's third trip to the altar. He lost his first wife, Linda Eastman, to breast cancer in 1998 and was married to Heather Mills for four years before their bitter split in 2006. Shevell has been married once before.
More Paul McCartney News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip