Johnny Depp Creates Characters in Sauna
Johnny Depp needs solitude to dream up persona for his roles, so he visits a spa to relax on his own.
Depp admits he has created some of his most famous movie characters, including "Pirates of the Caribbean"'s Captain Jack Sparrow and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory's Willy Wonka, while basking in a sauna.
He tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "I couldn't come up with the things I need to come up with in a crowd or hanging out with a bunch of people. Solitude allows you moments of creativity and some of my characters were actually born under extreme circumstances in the heat of the sauna."
"I was by myself in the sauna, 200 degrees, sweating and cooking myself and that's where Captain Jack and Willy Wonka were born. Weird, but that's a good kind of solitude."
More Johnny Depp News
- Blake Shelton and Debra Messing Have Twitter Spat Over Donald Trump
- Watch Orlando Bloom Go Fanboy Over Girlfriend Katy Perry at the DNC
- Adele Brings Her Drag Impersonator Onstage During Seattle Show
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'