Johnny Depp Creates Characters in Sauna
Johnny Depp needs solitude to dream up persona for his roles, so he visits a spa to relax on his own.
Depp admits he has created some of his most famous movie characters, including "Pirates of the Caribbean"'s Captain Jack Sparrow and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory's Willy Wonka, while basking in a sauna.
He tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "I couldn't come up with the things I need to come up with in a crowd or hanging out with a bunch of people. Solitude allows you moments of creativity and some of my characters were actually born under extreme circumstances in the heat of the sauna."
"I was by myself in the sauna, 200 degrees, sweating and cooking myself and that's where Captain Jack and Willy Wonka were born. Weird, but that's a good kind of solitude."
More Johnny Depp News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences