Johnny Depp Creates Characters in Sauna
Johnny Depp needs solitude to dream up persona for his roles, so he visits a spa to relax on his own.
Depp admits he has created some of his most famous movie characters, including "Pirates of the Caribbean"'s Captain Jack Sparrow and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory's Willy Wonka, while basking in a sauna.
He tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "I couldn't come up with the things I need to come up with in a crowd or hanging out with a bunch of people. Solitude allows you moments of creativity and some of my characters were actually born under extreme circumstances in the heat of the sauna."
"I was by myself in the sauna, 200 degrees, sweating and cooking myself and that's where Captain Jack and Willy Wonka were born. Weird, but that's a good kind of solitude."
More Johnny Depp News
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors