Johnny Depp Creates Characters in Sauna
Johnny Depp needs solitude to dream up persona for his roles, so he visits a spa to relax on his own.
Depp admits he has created some of his most famous movie characters, including "Pirates of the Caribbean"'s Captain Jack Sparrow and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory's Willy Wonka, while basking in a sauna.
He tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "I couldn't come up with the things I need to come up with in a crowd or hanging out with a bunch of people. Solitude allows you moments of creativity and some of my characters were actually born under extreme circumstances in the heat of the sauna."
"I was by myself in the sauna, 200 degrees, sweating and cooking myself and that's where Captain Jack and Willy Wonka were born. Weird, but that's a good kind of solitude."
More Johnny Depp News
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic