Johnny Depp Creates Characters in Sauna
Johnny Depp needs solitude to dream up persona for his roles, so he visits a spa to relax on his own.
Depp admits he has created some of his most famous movie characters, including "Pirates of the Caribbean"'s Captain Jack Sparrow and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory's Willy Wonka, while basking in a sauna.
He tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "I couldn't come up with the things I need to come up with in a crowd or hanging out with a bunch of people. Solitude allows you moments of creativity and some of my characters were actually born under extreme circumstances in the heat of the sauna."
"I was by myself in the sauna, 200 degrees, sweating and cooking myself and that's where Captain Jack and Willy Wonka were born. Weird, but that's a good kind of solitude."
More Johnny Depp News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake