Gabriel Byrne Cries His Eyes Out Post Ex-Wife's Broadway Debut
Irish actor Gabriel Byrne broke down in tears of pride when his ex-wife Ellen Barkin made her Broadway debut last month, "crying his eyes out" in the star's dressing room on opening night.
Barkin has remained close to the "Stigmata" star since their divorce in 1999 and she reveals he was overcome with emotion when he joined her backstage to help celebrate her critically-acclaimed performance in "The Normal Heart", a Broadway revival of Larry Kramer's semi-autobiographical play.
She tells the New York Post, "He was there opening night, in (my) dressing room, crying his eyes out, as I was when he did Moon for the Misbegotten."
The "Ocean's Thirteen" actress, who has two children with Byrne, admits she's grateful to still have the unwavering support of her ex, 12 years after their split. She says, "When you fall in love with someone, there are reasons - they don't disappear. Gabriel Byrne is an extraordinary human being."
"We have two extraordinary kids and we work at it. We were always friends. He stuck by me through very hard times, and I hope he'd say the same about me."
Barkin went on to marry businessman Ronald Perelman, although their relationship ended in a messy divorce in 2006 after six years as man and wife. But the star is refusing to rule out the idea of walking down the aisle again, because she loves having someone to fuss over. She adds, "I like being married. I like taking care of people, having someone to make dinner for..."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics