Gabriel Byrne Cries His Eyes Out Post Ex-Wife's Broadway Debut
Irish actor Gabriel Byrne broke down in tears of pride when his ex-wife Ellen Barkin made her Broadway debut last month, "crying his eyes out" in the star's dressing room on opening night.
Barkin has remained close to the "Stigmata" star since their divorce in 1999 and she reveals he was overcome with emotion when he joined her backstage to help celebrate her critically-acclaimed performance in "The Normal Heart", a Broadway revival of Larry Kramer's semi-autobiographical play.
She tells the New York Post, "He was there opening night, in (my) dressing room, crying his eyes out, as I was when he did Moon for the Misbegotten."
The "Ocean's Thirteen" actress, who has two children with Byrne, admits she's grateful to still have the unwavering support of her ex, 12 years after their split. She says, "When you fall in love with someone, there are reasons - they don't disappear. Gabriel Byrne is an extraordinary human being."
"We have two extraordinary kids and we work at it. We were always friends. He stuck by me through very hard times, and I hope he'd say the same about me."
Barkin went on to marry businessman Ronald Perelman, although their relationship ended in a messy divorce in 2006 after six years as man and wife. But the star is refusing to rule out the idea of walking down the aisle again, because she loves having someone to fuss over. She adds, "I like being married. I like taking care of people, having someone to make dinner for..."
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest