Gabriel Byrne Cries His Eyes Out Post Ex-Wife's Broadway Debut
Irish actor Gabriel Byrne broke down in tears of pride when his ex-wife Ellen Barkin made her Broadway debut last month, "crying his eyes out" in the star's dressing room on opening night.
Barkin has remained close to the "Stigmata" star since their divorce in 1999 and she reveals he was overcome with emotion when he joined her backstage to help celebrate her critically-acclaimed performance in "The Normal Heart", a Broadway revival of Larry Kramer's semi-autobiographical play.
She tells the New York Post, "He was there opening night, in (my) dressing room, crying his eyes out, as I was when he did Moon for the Misbegotten."
The "Ocean's Thirteen" actress, who has two children with Byrne, admits she's grateful to still have the unwavering support of her ex, 12 years after their split. She says, "When you fall in love with someone, there are reasons - they don't disappear. Gabriel Byrne is an extraordinary human being."
"We have two extraordinary kids and we work at it. We were always friends. He stuck by me through very hard times, and I hope he'd say the same about me."
Barkin went on to marry businessman Ronald Perelman, although their relationship ended in a messy divorce in 2006 after six years as man and wife. But the star is refusing to rule out the idea of walking down the aisle again, because she loves having someone to fuss over. She adds, "I like being married. I like taking care of people, having someone to make dinner for..."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says