Alan Cumming Escaped Death in Morocco Terrorist Attack
The "X-Men 2" star Alan Cumming was enjoying a vacation with his partner Grant Shaffer in Marrakesh, where they visited Cafe Argana in the town's main square, Jemaa el-Fnaa, the night before it was bombed on April 28.
In a post on his blog, Cumming writes, "After checking into our hotel last Wednesday, Grant and I went for a walk and ate dinner at the Cafe Argana. We awoke late the next day with a start, jet lagged. Again we walked into the main square. There, we saw the Cafe Argana had been blown up by a bomb. That's what had woken us."
"The whole front of the restaurant was gone and we could see exactly where we had been sitting the night before, where we would have been killed had we been there when the blast happened."
And Cumming admits the experience has given him a new found appreciation for life, adding: "There's something very sobering and chilling and also galvanizing about a lucky escape like that. I think I live in the moment, treat every day as though it were my last, all that sort of stuff.
"But this very real and very violent reminder of what a thin string our lives can hang on has made me more determined to appreciate what I have."
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny