Justin Bieber Pressing Ahead With Japan Tour Plans
Japan was left devastated in March when it was struck by an earthquake and tsunami. The double disaster caused severe damage to a nuclear reactor in Fukushima and authorities have been struggling to contain radiation levels ever since.
Justin Bieber's shows in the country were thrown into jeopardy last week when reports on TMZ.com claimed members of his crew were refusing to travel to Japan over safety concerns.
But the teen pop sensation is refusing to disappoint fans in the Far East and has promised to perform in Japan as scheduled May 17 and 18.
In a post on Twitter.com on Sunday, he writes, "5 shows left of this leg of the #myworldtour! Manila, Hong Kong, Taipei, Osaka and Tokyo! Like I said...we are going to JAPAN! #supportjapan."
More Justin Bieber News
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?