Justin Bieber Pressing Ahead With Japan Tour Plans
Japan was left devastated in March when it was struck by an earthquake and tsunami. The double disaster caused severe damage to a nuclear reactor in Fukushima and authorities have been struggling to contain radiation levels ever since.
Justin Bieber's shows in the country were thrown into jeopardy last week when reports on TMZ.com claimed members of his crew were refusing to travel to Japan over safety concerns.
But the teen pop sensation is refusing to disappoint fans in the Far East and has promised to perform in Japan as scheduled May 17 and 18.
In a post on Twitter.com on Sunday, he writes, "5 shows left of this leg of the #myworldtour! Manila, Hong Kong, Taipei, Osaka and Tokyo! Like I said...we are going to JAPAN! #supportjapan."
More Justin Bieber News
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton