David Hasselhoff Confronts Piers Morgan in TV Interview
The "Baywatch" star, David Hasselhoff hit headlines in 2007 when the clip, shot by his then-teenage daughter Taylor-Ann, leaked online. It depicted the drunk actor ranting and struggling to eat a burger off the floor of his hotel room.
The home video appeared on several websites including the online version of U.K. newspaper the Daily Mail, which prints a column written by Morgan.
David Hasselhoff, who has since tackled his alcohol addiction, became emotional as he challenged Morgan over the incident during an appearance on U.K. series "Piers Morgan's Life Stories".
He told Morgan, "I'd never seen (the video)... And it was put out for money. It was put on websites, including your own. And that hurt my feelings. 'Cause I thought you and I had a personal relationship. And it hurt my feelings."
Morgan replied, "I understood that... This is the Daily Mail website, which I do a column for. I didn't know they were putting it up there but you told me."
Hasselhoff added, "I guess it goes with the territory but the sad part about it is that no one gives a damn about me being an alcoholic or my daughter. They give a damn about a pay cheque."
But the 58 year old later proved he had resolved his differences with Morgan by taking to his Twitter page and writing, "Piers Morgan and I butt heads (in the interview)! I'm calling it 'When w**kers attack'... Thanks you Piers!!"
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest