Golf Legend Seve Ballesteros Dies
The sports icon Seve Ballesteros died on Saturday morning, May 7, two-and-a-half years after doctors diagnosed him with two malignant brain tumors.
A message posted on Ballesteros' website reads, "Today, at 2.10am Spanish time, Seve Ballesteros passed away peacefully surrounded by his family at his home in Pedrena. The Ballesteros family is very grateful for all the support and gestures of love that have been received since Seve was diagnosed with a brain tumor on October 5, 2008 at Madrid Hospital la Paz."
"...The family asks for respect and privacy at such a painful time. Thank you very much."
CNN host Piers Morgan has paid tribute to the golfer, writing on Twitter, "RIP Seve Ballesteros - greatest genius golf has ever seen."
The golfer, who retired from the sport in 2007, won several major titles throughout his career - including three British Opens and two triumphs at the Augusta Masters.
- Will Smith Deals With Mythical Creatures in 'Bright' First Teaser
- Ryan Gosling, Felicity Jones, Emma Stone and More Read Oscars Edition of 'Mean Tweets'
- John Legend Performs 'La La Land' Soundtracks Perfectly at Oscars
- Ariana Grande Gets People Making Out in Public in 'Everyday' Music Video Ft. Future
- Warren Beatty Is the New Steve Harvey After Oscar Best Picture Flub
- Pregnant Cheryl Moves In With Beau Liam Payne as They Prepare for Baby's Arrival
- Kylie Jenner Is Rushing to Get Married to Tyga
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion