Golf Legend Seve Ballesteros Dies
The sports icon Seve Ballesteros died on Saturday morning, May 7, two-and-a-half years after doctors diagnosed him with two malignant brain tumors.
A message posted on Ballesteros' website reads, "Today, at 2.10am Spanish time, Seve Ballesteros passed away peacefully surrounded by his family at his home in Pedrena. The Ballesteros family is very grateful for all the support and gestures of love that have been received since Seve was diagnosed with a brain tumor on October 5, 2008 at Madrid Hospital la Paz."
"...The family asks for respect and privacy at such a painful time. Thank you very much."
CNN host Piers Morgan has paid tribute to the golfer, writing on Twitter, "RIP Seve Ballesteros - greatest genius golf has ever seen."
The golfer, who retired from the sport in 2007, won several major titles throughout his career - including three British Opens and two triumphs at the Augusta Masters.
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo