Golf Legend Seve Ballesteros Dies
The sports icon Seve Ballesteros died on Saturday morning, May 7, two-and-a-half years after doctors diagnosed him with two malignant brain tumors.
A message posted on Ballesteros' website reads, "Today, at 2.10am Spanish time, Seve Ballesteros passed away peacefully surrounded by his family at his home in Pedrena. The Ballesteros family is very grateful for all the support and gestures of love that have been received since Seve was diagnosed with a brain tumor on October 5, 2008 at Madrid Hospital la Paz."
"...The family asks for respect and privacy at such a painful time. Thank you very much."
CNN host Piers Morgan has paid tribute to the golfer, writing on Twitter, "RIP Seve Ballesteros - greatest genius golf has ever seen."
The golfer, who retired from the sport in 2007, won several major titles throughout his career - including three British Opens and two triumphs at the Augusta Masters.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'