Golf Legend Seve Ballesteros Dies
The sports icon Seve Ballesteros died on Saturday morning, May 7, two-and-a-half years after doctors diagnosed him with two malignant brain tumors.
A message posted on Ballesteros' website reads, "Today, at 2.10am Spanish time, Seve Ballesteros passed away peacefully surrounded by his family at his home in Pedrena. The Ballesteros family is very grateful for all the support and gestures of love that have been received since Seve was diagnosed with a brain tumor on October 5, 2008 at Madrid Hospital la Paz."
"...The family asks for respect and privacy at such a painful time. Thank you very much."
CNN host Piers Morgan has paid tribute to the golfer, writing on Twitter, "RIP Seve Ballesteros - greatest genius golf has ever seen."
The golfer, who retired from the sport in 2007, won several major titles throughout his career - including three British Opens and two triumphs at the Augusta Masters.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist