Paris Hilton Apologies to Lindsay Lohan for Theft Jibe
Lindsay Lohan stands accused of stealing a necklace from a California jewelery store back in January. She has pleaded not guilty to the misdemeanor, but was sentenced to 120 days in jail and 480 hours of community service last month after a judge ruled her arrest on the charge broke the terms of her probation stemming from a 2007 DUI case.
The "Mean Girls" star's troubles became a talking point this week when a clip from Paris Hilton's new programme, "The World According to Paris", hit the internet. In the footage, Hilton is heard making a jibe about Lohan's problems as she visits a homeless shelter and hands over a pair of earrings to one woman, who mistakes her for the troubled star.
The woman tells Hilton, "I'm going to give them to my sister as soon as I get back to Oklahoma and I'm going to tell them that Lindsay (gave them to me)... I thought you were supposed to be in rehab?"
Realizing the identity mix-up, Hilton responds, "I'm not Lindsay!", before joking about Lohan and adding in a voice over: "If I were Lindsay, I'd be stealing the earrings, not giving them away."
But now the hotel heiress has seen the error of her ways and apologized for the comments, telling TMZ.com, "I apologies to Lindsay for the comment that I made. I was joking around but it was thoughtless and unnecessary... I am reaching out to Lindsay so I can tell her myself."
More Paris Hilton News
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child