Paris Hilton Apologies to Lindsay Lohan for Theft Jibe
Lindsay Lohan stands accused of stealing a necklace from a California jewelery store back in January. She has pleaded not guilty to the misdemeanor, but was sentenced to 120 days in jail and 480 hours of community service last month after a judge ruled her arrest on the charge broke the terms of her probation stemming from a 2007 DUI case.
The "Mean Girls" star's troubles became a talking point this week when a clip from Paris Hilton's new programme, "The World According to Paris", hit the internet. In the footage, Hilton is heard making a jibe about Lohan's problems as she visits a homeless shelter and hands over a pair of earrings to one woman, who mistakes her for the troubled star.
The woman tells Hilton, "I'm going to give them to my sister as soon as I get back to Oklahoma and I'm going to tell them that Lindsay (gave them to me)... I thought you were supposed to be in rehab?"
Realizing the identity mix-up, Hilton responds, "I'm not Lindsay!", before joking about Lohan and adding in a voice over: "If I were Lindsay, I'd be stealing the earrings, not giving them away."
But now the hotel heiress has seen the error of her ways and apologized for the comments, telling TMZ.com, "I apologies to Lindsay for the comment that I made. I was joking around but it was thoughtless and unnecessary... I am reaching out to Lindsay so I can tell her myself."
More Paris Hilton News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3