Lindsay Lohan Starts Community Service at Women's Shelter
The "Mean Girls" star Lindsay Lohan was handed 120 days in jail last month after a judge ruled she had violated her probation by landing a misdemeanor charge for the alleged theft of a necklace back in January.
She was also ordered to complete 480 hours of community service - 360 of those at the Downtown Women's Center, while the remainder will be served at the County Morgue.
On Monday, May 2, the troubled actress was forced to deny rumors she was a no-show for what was widely reported as her first day of community work, insisting she wasn't due to begin her punishment until next week.
But Lohan turned up at the Downtown Women's Center on Friday morning to kick off her community service, logging just under three hours at the homeless shelter, according to TMZ.com.
The probation stems from a 2007 DUI charge.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked