Lindsay Lohan Starts Community Service at Women's Shelter
The "Mean Girls" star Lindsay Lohan was handed 120 days in jail last month after a judge ruled she had violated her probation by landing a misdemeanor charge for the alleged theft of a necklace back in January.
She was also ordered to complete 480 hours of community service - 360 of those at the Downtown Women's Center, while the remainder will be served at the County Morgue.
On Monday, May 2, the troubled actress was forced to deny rumors she was a no-show for what was widely reported as her first day of community work, insisting she wasn't due to begin her punishment until next week.
But Lohan turned up at the Downtown Women's Center on Friday morning to kick off her community service, logging just under three hours at the homeless shelter, according to TMZ.com.
The probation stems from a 2007 DUI charge.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal