Tina Fey Makes Up Songs to Avoid Fees
Tina Fey, the star and creator of the series "30 Rock", admits she and her castmates often take creative liberty with the music in order to keep production costs low.
She says, "We started making our own songs because it's just free. We had this scene where it was like (we needed) this really crunchy lady music. And so we wanted to play Joni Mitchell and we couldn't pay for it. So I was like, 'We'll just make it up.'"
But Fey wasn't exactly prepared when it was time to shoot the scene.
She adds, "It's so bad. I forgot to write it so I had to improvise it. If you have to improvise Joni Mitchell you just have to sing really high with a Canadian accent. So I kept naming places in Canada like, 'Oh, Medicine Hat.'"
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos