Tina Fey Makes Up Songs to Avoid Fees
Tina Fey, the star and creator of the series "30 Rock", admits she and her castmates often take creative liberty with the music in order to keep production costs low.
She says, "We started making our own songs because it's just free. We had this scene where it was like (we needed) this really crunchy lady music. And so we wanted to play Joni Mitchell and we couldn't pay for it. So I was like, 'We'll just make it up.'"
But Fey wasn't exactly prepared when it was time to shoot the scene.
She adds, "It's so bad. I forgot to write it so I had to improvise it. If you have to improvise Joni Mitchell you just have to sing really high with a Canadian accent. So I kept naming places in Canada like, 'Oh, Medicine Hat.'"
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?