Tina Fey Makes Up Songs to Avoid Fees
Tina Fey, the star and creator of the series "30 Rock", admits she and her castmates often take creative liberty with the music in order to keep production costs low.
She says, "We started making our own songs because it's just free. We had this scene where it was like (we needed) this really crunchy lady music. And so we wanted to play Joni Mitchell and we couldn't pay for it. So I was like, 'We'll just make it up.'"
But Fey wasn't exactly prepared when it was time to shoot the scene.
She adds, "It's so bad. I forgot to write it so I had to improvise it. If you have to improvise Joni Mitchell you just have to sing really high with a Canadian accent. So I kept naming places in Canada like, 'Oh, Medicine Hat.'"
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen