James Cromwell Wants Jockey Club Boss to Back PETA Campaign
Organizers at the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) have proposed the Thoroughbred 360 Lifecycle Retirement Fund, which raises money to help look after racehorses no longer in their prime and save them from slaughter.
And, on the eve (May 6, 2011) of the U.S. Kentucky Derby, one of the industry's most anticipated races, James Cromwell is urging The Jockey Club president James Gagliano to give his backing to the cause.
In the letter, issued to WENN, Cromwell writes, "These magnificent animals should not end up on a meat hook after a terrifying journey to a terrifying death."
"I urge the Jockey Club, as the only official body that deals with every thoroughbred owner in every racing state, to implement PETA's Thoroughbred 360 Lifecycle Retirement Fund without delay."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked