James Cromwell Wants Jockey Club Boss to Back PETA Campaign
Organizers at the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) have proposed the Thoroughbred 360 Lifecycle Retirement Fund, which raises money to help look after racehorses no longer in their prime and save them from slaughter.
And, on the eve (May 6, 2011) of the U.S. Kentucky Derby, one of the industry's most anticipated races, James Cromwell is urging The Jockey Club president James Gagliano to give his backing to the cause.
In the letter, issued to WENN, Cromwell writes, "These magnificent animals should not end up on a meat hook after a terrifying journey to a terrifying death."
"I urge the Jockey Club, as the only official body that deals with every thoroughbred owner in every racing state, to implement PETA's Thoroughbred 360 Lifecycle Retirement Fund without delay."
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding