Keith Duffy Tackling Triathlon for Charity
One of Boyzone's member, Keith Duffy is training for the Ironman endurance race in September - Duffy will first swim 1.1 miles (1.9 kilometers), then tackle a 56 mile (90 kilometers) cycle ride before ending with a run through the city of Galway.
Duffy is taking part in the challenge to benefit the Irish Autism Action organization, of which he is a patron, after the help they gave him when his daughter Mia, 11, was diagnosed with the condition at 16 months old.
In a post on his fundraising page, he writes, "As you know, Irish Autism Action is a charity very close to my heart as my daughter Mia has autism. I have been Patron of Irish Autism Action for the last 9 years and have seen first hand the difference the charity can make to the lives of those affected by autism. I would very much appreciate your support."
"I'm taking part in this year's Ironman down in Galway in September to raise much needed funds for the charity. In fact, I'll have a load of people joining me on 'Team Duffy' to compete in Ironman on the day to try to raise as much funds as possible. Many thanks in advance for your support!"
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding