Keith Duffy Tackling Triathlon for Charity
One of Boyzone's member, Keith Duffy is training for the Ironman endurance race in September - Duffy will first swim 1.1 miles (1.9 kilometers), then tackle a 56 mile (90 kilometers) cycle ride before ending with a run through the city of Galway.
Duffy is taking part in the challenge to benefit the Irish Autism Action organization, of which he is a patron, after the help they gave him when his daughter Mia, 11, was diagnosed with the condition at 16 months old.
In a post on his fundraising page, he writes, "As you know, Irish Autism Action is a charity very close to my heart as my daughter Mia has autism. I have been Patron of Irish Autism Action for the last 9 years and have seen first hand the difference the charity can make to the lives of those affected by autism. I would very much appreciate your support."
"I'm taking part in this year's Ironman down in Galway in September to raise much needed funds for the charity. In fact, I'll have a load of people joining me on 'Team Duffy' to compete in Ironman on the day to try to raise as much funds as possible. Many thanks in advance for your support!"
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs