Keith Duffy Tackling Triathlon for Charity
One of Boyzone's member, Keith Duffy is training for the Ironman endurance race in September - Duffy will first swim 1.1 miles (1.9 kilometers), then tackle a 56 mile (90 kilometers) cycle ride before ending with a run through the city of Galway.
Duffy is taking part in the challenge to benefit the Irish Autism Action organization, of which he is a patron, after the help they gave him when his daughter Mia, 11, was diagnosed with the condition at 16 months old.
In a post on his fundraising page, he writes, "As you know, Irish Autism Action is a charity very close to my heart as my daughter Mia has autism. I have been Patron of Irish Autism Action for the last 9 years and have seen first hand the difference the charity can make to the lives of those affected by autism. I would very much appreciate your support."
"I'm taking part in this year's Ironman down in Galway in September to raise much needed funds for the charity. In fact, I'll have a load of people joining me on 'Team Duffy' to compete in Ironman on the day to try to raise as much funds as possible. Many thanks in advance for your support!"
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'