Tupac Shakur's Screenplay Set for Big Screen
"Live 2 Tell", which Tupac Shakur wrote while he was in jail on weapons charges, centers around a teenage drug lord who tries to turn his back on a life of crime.
The script has been purchased by executives at NStar Studios, who have set the budget at $11 million (GBP6.9 million) and plan to begin production early next year.
Ivan Juzang, of NStar Studios, tells Variety, "This kid was a genius, and the net of it is, he was from this community, he knew the struggles these young people were dealing with. And he's able to talk to young people in 2011, 2012, the same way he was able to talk to young people in 1995."
It's not the only Tupac Shakur-related project in the works - studio bosses at Morgan Creek Productions are making a film about his life.
The hip-hop hero was shot dead in Las Vegas in 1996.
More Tupac Shakur News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier