Tupac Shakur's Screenplay Set for Big Screen
"Live 2 Tell", which Tupac Shakur wrote while he was in jail on weapons charges, centers around a teenage drug lord who tries to turn his back on a life of crime.
The script has been purchased by executives at NStar Studios, who have set the budget at $11 million (GBP6.9 million) and plan to begin production early next year.
Ivan Juzang, of NStar Studios, tells Variety, "This kid was a genius, and the net of it is, he was from this community, he knew the struggles these young people were dealing with. And he's able to talk to young people in 2011, 2012, the same way he was able to talk to young people in 1995."
It's not the only Tupac Shakur-related project in the works - studio bosses at Morgan Creek Productions are making a film about his life.
The hip-hop hero was shot dead in Las Vegas in 1996.
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz