Taylor Swift Raising Money for Tornado Victims With Public Rehearsal
Nearly 300 lives were lost when severe storms swept across America last week and the "Love Story" hitmaker Taylor Swift has vowed to help by inviting more than 12,000 fans to join her for a show in Tennessee on May 21.
The event, called "Speak Now... Help Now", will give fans a glimpse of the superstar's new world tour before it officially kicks off in Nebraska on May 27.
Taylor Swift tells the Associated Press, "I was watching the coverage of the tornadoes backstage at rehearsals, and I wanted to do something for the families affected by the damage. I've never opened a rehearsal to the public before, but I felt that inviting my fans to the last rehearsal for the Speak Now tour would be a great way to raise money."
"We will probably still be doing some fine-tuning to the show that night, since this will be a true rehearsal, but I feel like it is so important for me and my fans to help if we can."
More Taylor Swift News
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease