Taylor Swift Raising Money for Tornado Victims With Public Rehearsal
Nearly 300 lives were lost when severe storms swept across America last week and the "Love Story" hitmaker Taylor Swift has vowed to help by inviting more than 12,000 fans to join her for a show in Tennessee on May 21.
The event, called "Speak Now... Help Now", will give fans a glimpse of the superstar's new world tour before it officially kicks off in Nebraska on May 27.
Taylor Swift tells the Associated Press, "I was watching the coverage of the tornadoes backstage at rehearsals, and I wanted to do something for the families affected by the damage. I've never opened a rehearsal to the public before, but I felt that inviting my fans to the last rehearsal for the Speak Now tour would be a great way to raise money."
"We will probably still be doing some fine-tuning to the show that night, since this will be a true rehearsal, but I feel like it is so important for me and my fans to help if we can."
More Taylor Swift News
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'