Demi Lovato Reveals Her Positive Playlist
The Disney star Demi Lovato checked into a treatment center last year to deal with a number of issues, including anorexia and bulimia, self-harming and bipolar disorder.
Lovato is keen to conquer her personal problems, and insists music is helping her through her issues. In an article for the Seventeen website, she writes, "Music has always been a huge part of my life and has helped me (through) some tough times. Certain songs always give me confidence, put me in a good mood, and inspire me. Here's a list of some of my favorites - the music that helps keep me feeling positive and reminds me to stay strong."
Explaining why she likes Eminem's track "Not Afraid", she adds: "This song is really inspiring to me because Eminem's album was based on his recovery. This song made me feel confident in conquering my diseases."
In reference to the song "Surrender" by BarlowGirl, she writes, "In order to recover from any addiction, you have to surrender and recognize what you need to overcome. This was a song I had on repeat in treatment knowing that if I surrender, beating this is possible."
Lovato also names tracks by Jon McLaughlin, MercyMe, Sam Cooke, Stacie Orrico and Bethany Dillon.
More Demi Lovato News
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death