Demi Lovato Reveals Her Positive Playlist
The Disney star Demi Lovato checked into a treatment center last year to deal with a number of issues, including anorexia and bulimia, self-harming and bipolar disorder.
Lovato is keen to conquer her personal problems, and insists music is helping her through her issues. In an article for the Seventeen website, she writes, "Music has always been a huge part of my life and has helped me (through) some tough times. Certain songs always give me confidence, put me in a good mood, and inspire me. Here's a list of some of my favorites - the music that helps keep me feeling positive and reminds me to stay strong."
Explaining why she likes Eminem's track "Not Afraid", she adds: "This song is really inspiring to me because Eminem's album was based on his recovery. This song made me feel confident in conquering my diseases."
In reference to the song "Surrender" by BarlowGirl, she writes, "In order to recover from any addiction, you have to surrender and recognize what you need to overcome. This was a song I had on repeat in treatment knowing that if I surrender, beating this is possible."
Lovato also names tracks by Jon McLaughlin, MercyMe, Sam Cooke, Stacie Orrico and Bethany Dillon.
More Demi Lovato News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video