Demi Lovato Reveals Her Positive Playlist
The Disney star Demi Lovato checked into a treatment center last year to deal with a number of issues, including anorexia and bulimia, self-harming and bipolar disorder.
Lovato is keen to conquer her personal problems, and insists music is helping her through her issues. In an article for the Seventeen website, she writes, "Music has always been a huge part of my life and has helped me (through) some tough times. Certain songs always give me confidence, put me in a good mood, and inspire me. Here's a list of some of my favorites - the music that helps keep me feeling positive and reminds me to stay strong."
Explaining why she likes Eminem's track "Not Afraid", she adds: "This song is really inspiring to me because Eminem's album was based on his recovery. This song made me feel confident in conquering my diseases."
In reference to the song "Surrender" by BarlowGirl, she writes, "In order to recover from any addiction, you have to surrender and recognize what you need to overcome. This was a song I had on repeat in treatment knowing that if I surrender, beating this is possible."
Lovato also names tracks by Jon McLaughlin, MercyMe, Sam Cooke, Stacie Orrico and Bethany Dillon.
More Demi Lovato News
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Kills Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'