'Snow White' Close to Have Nathan Lane as Servant
Nathan Lane is set to return to the big screen for his first acting role in three years after entering final talks to play the loyal servant to Julia Roberts' evil queen in a new "Snow White" movie.
Roberts has already signed to star in cult director Tarsem Singh's retelling of the classic fairytale, and Phil Collins' daughter Lily will play the lead. Now its been revealed that Broadway legend Lane is in the last stage of negotiations to play the wicked queen's bumbling man-servant, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Newcomer Robert Emms has also signed on for the film. Armie Hammer has previously been tapped to portray Prince Andrew Alcott. Saoirse Ronan was mentioned as frontrunner to take the female lead role, but she reportedly has passed it to join "The Host (2012)"
Principal photography for "Snow White" is said to kick of this May for June 29, 2012 release in the U.S.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign