'Snow White' Close to Have Nathan Lane as Servant
Nathan Lane is set to return to the big screen for his first acting role in three years after entering final talks to play the loyal servant to Julia Roberts' evil queen in a new "Snow White" movie.
Roberts has already signed to star in cult director Tarsem Singh's retelling of the classic fairytale, and Phil Collins' daughter Lily will play the lead. Now its been revealed that Broadway legend Lane is in the last stage of negotiations to play the wicked queen's bumbling man-servant, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Newcomer Robert Emms has also signed on for the film. Armie Hammer has previously been tapped to portray Prince Andrew Alcott. Saoirse Ronan was mentioned as frontrunner to take the female lead role, but she reportedly has passed it to join "The Host (2012)"
Principal photography for "Snow White" is said to kick of this May for June 29, 2012 release in the U.S.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked