'Snow White' Close to Have Nathan Lane as Servant
Nathan Lane is set to return to the big screen for his first acting role in three years after entering final talks to play the loyal servant to Julia Roberts' evil queen in a new "Snow White" movie.
Roberts has already signed to star in cult director Tarsem Singh's retelling of the classic fairytale, and Phil Collins' daughter Lily will play the lead. Now its been revealed that Broadway legend Lane is in the last stage of negotiations to play the wicked queen's bumbling man-servant, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Newcomer Robert Emms has also signed on for the film. Armie Hammer has previously been tapped to portray Prince Andrew Alcott. Saoirse Ronan was mentioned as frontrunner to take the female lead role, but she reportedly has passed it to join "The Host (2012)"
Principal photography for "Snow White" is said to kick of this May for June 29, 2012 release in the U.S.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo