Robert Pattinson Defenses Himself in Zebra Incident on Movie Set
Robert Pattinson was mocked by the crew on the set of "Water for Elephants" after he fled a rampaging zebra, leaving co-star Christoph Waltz to protect Reese Witherspoon. The "Twilight" hunk had to get up close to a series of circus animals in his new romantic drama, including elephants, lions and giraffes.
But the star insists it was a wild zebra that caused the most trouble - and almost left him branded a coward. He says, "Zebras are impossible to tame. One of them pulled away and ran towards me and I got out of the way."
"Afterwards everyone thought I was a p**sy getting out of the way, and apparently Christoph Waltz had got in front of Reese and other actresses and protected them."
However, Pattinson, keen to save his reputation, checked the film footage of the incident - and realized Witherspoon had simply jumped behind Waltz to save herself. "I watched the playback and Reese just literally grabbed Christoph as a shield," he claims.
More Robert Pattinson News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy