Robert Pattinson Defenses Himself in Zebra Incident on Movie Set
Robert Pattinson was mocked by the crew on the set of "Water for Elephants" after he fled a rampaging zebra, leaving co-star Christoph Waltz to protect Reese Witherspoon. The "Twilight" hunk had to get up close to a series of circus animals in his new romantic drama, including elephants, lions and giraffes.
But the star insists it was a wild zebra that caused the most trouble - and almost left him branded a coward. He says, "Zebras are impossible to tame. One of them pulled away and ran towards me and I got out of the way."
"Afterwards everyone thought I was a p**sy getting out of the way, and apparently Christoph Waltz had got in front of Reese and other actresses and protected them."
However, Pattinson, keen to save his reputation, checked the film footage of the incident - and realized Witherspoon had simply jumped behind Waltz to save herself. "I watched the playback and Reese just literally grabbed Christoph as a shield," he claims.
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof