Robert Pattinson Defenses Himself in Zebra Incident on Movie Set
Robert Pattinson was mocked by the crew on the set of "Water for Elephants" after he fled a rampaging zebra, leaving co-star Christoph Waltz to protect Reese Witherspoon. The "Twilight" hunk had to get up close to a series of circus animals in his new romantic drama, including elephants, lions and giraffes.
But the star insists it was a wild zebra that caused the most trouble - and almost left him branded a coward. He says, "Zebras are impossible to tame. One of them pulled away and ran towards me and I got out of the way."
"Afterwards everyone thought I was a p**sy getting out of the way, and apparently Christoph Waltz had got in front of Reese and other actresses and protected them."
However, Pattinson, keen to save his reputation, checked the film footage of the incident - and realized Witherspoon had simply jumped behind Waltz to save herself. "I watched the playback and Reese just literally grabbed Christoph as a shield," he claims.
More Robert Pattinson News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group