Robert Pattinson Defenses Himself in Zebra Incident on Movie Set
Robert Pattinson was mocked by the crew on the set of "Water for Elephants" after he fled a rampaging zebra, leaving co-star Christoph Waltz to protect Reese Witherspoon. The "Twilight" hunk had to get up close to a series of circus animals in his new romantic drama, including elephants, lions and giraffes.
But the star insists it was a wild zebra that caused the most trouble - and almost left him branded a coward. He says, "Zebras are impossible to tame. One of them pulled away and ran towards me and I got out of the way."
"Afterwards everyone thought I was a p**sy getting out of the way, and apparently Christoph Waltz had got in front of Reese and other actresses and protected them."
However, Pattinson, keen to save his reputation, checked the film footage of the incident - and realized Witherspoon had simply jumped behind Waltz to save herself. "I watched the playback and Reese just literally grabbed Christoph as a shield," he claims.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign