Robert Pattinson Defenses Himself in Zebra Incident on Movie Set
Robert Pattinson was mocked by the crew on the set of "Water for Elephants" after he fled a rampaging zebra, leaving co-star Christoph Waltz to protect Reese Witherspoon. The "Twilight" hunk had to get up close to a series of circus animals in his new romantic drama, including elephants, lions and giraffes.
But the star insists it was a wild zebra that caused the most trouble - and almost left him branded a coward. He says, "Zebras are impossible to tame. One of them pulled away and ran towards me and I got out of the way."
"Afterwards everyone thought I was a p**sy getting out of the way, and apparently Christoph Waltz had got in front of Reese and other actresses and protected them."
However, Pattinson, keen to save his reputation, checked the film footage of the incident - and realized Witherspoon had simply jumped behind Waltz to save herself. "I watched the playback and Reese just literally grabbed Christoph as a shield," he claims.
More Robert Pattinson News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding