Lady GaGa Combats Leak by Releasing 'Judas' Video Online
The promo of "Judas" video was due to air for the first time on Thursday evening on America's E! network, but the full clip surfaced on the internet that morning, sending fans and gossip bloggers into a frenzy.
Links to the video were promptly removed after it emerged the release was unauthorized, but now Lady GaGa has uploaded the complete five-and-a-half minute promo to her official website.
The film features a gang of bikers made up of Biblical apostles, alongside actors dressed as Mary Magdalene and Jesus Christ, who dons a crown of thorns.
Gaga insists the religious imagery is just art.
She tells E! News, "I don't view the video as a religious statement. I view it as social statement. I view it as a cultural statement."
It's the second "Judas" internet leak GaGa has had to deal with - the track hit the web several days before its official release last month.
More Lady GaGa News
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses