Dancing's Hines Ward Cuffed in Stolen Car Mix Up
The sportsman Hines Ward and a female friend had just left a restaurant in North Hollywood when they were pulled over by cops investigating a complaint about a missing vehicle.
They were ordered out of the car and Hines was cuffed by armed officers until the woman managed to prove the vehicle was hers.
It subsequently emerged Hines Ward's companion, whose identity has not been released, had filed a stolen car complaint in April but had failed to notify authorities after relocating it.
Sergeant Maria Morrison says, "She had gone somewhere, misparked it, reported it stolen and found it later."
Ward, who plays for the Pittsburgh Steelers, and his professional dancing partner Kym Johnson have made it to the final six couples on the reality TV show, "Dancing with the Stars".
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer