Lady GaGa Donates to Mary J. Blige's Scholarship Fund
The two singers have bonded over their charity work and Mary J. Blige reveals the "Poker Face" hit maker Lady GaGa has made a substantial donation to her Foundation For the Advancement of Women Now (FFAWN) organization, which provides scholarships for disadvantaged New Yorkers.
But GaGa isn't the only celebrity to lend support to Blige's cause.
She tells UsMagazine.com, "Lady GaGa donated a huge cheque and just wanted to be involved. It means so much! And of course Jay-Z is involved."
Revealing her admiration for GaGa, Blige adds, "We have the same management team, and she loves me and I love her. I always tell her when I see her that nobody brings me joy like she does when I watch her videos - they just crack me up!"
"I just tell her to just be her! I say, 'You're amazing and just keep doing what you're doing!' I love what she's doing, and she's not letting anybody hold her back and she's not following the leader, she's leading."
Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Hudson and Queen Latifah all helped to boost the profile of FFAWN by performing at a charity concert in Manhattan on Sunday, May 1.
More Lady GaGa News
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'