Lady GaGa Donates to Mary J. Blige's Scholarship Fund
The two singers have bonded over their charity work and Mary J. Blige reveals the "Poker Face" hit maker Lady GaGa has made a substantial donation to her Foundation For the Advancement of Women Now (FFAWN) organization, which provides scholarships for disadvantaged New Yorkers.
But GaGa isn't the only celebrity to lend support to Blige's cause.
She tells UsMagazine.com, "Lady GaGa donated a huge cheque and just wanted to be involved. It means so much! And of course Jay-Z is involved."
Revealing her admiration for GaGa, Blige adds, "We have the same management team, and she loves me and I love her. I always tell her when I see her that nobody brings me joy like she does when I watch her videos - they just crack me up!"
"I just tell her to just be her! I say, 'You're amazing and just keep doing what you're doing!' I love what she's doing, and she's not letting anybody hold her back and she's not following the leader, she's leading."
Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Hudson and Queen Latifah all helped to boost the profile of FFAWN by performing at a charity concert in Manhattan on Sunday, May 1.
More Lady GaGa News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen