Lady GaGa Donates to Mary J. Blige's Scholarship Fund
The two singers have bonded over their charity work and Mary J. Blige reveals the "Poker Face" hit maker Lady GaGa has made a substantial donation to her Foundation For the Advancement of Women Now (FFAWN) organization, which provides scholarships for disadvantaged New Yorkers.
But GaGa isn't the only celebrity to lend support to Blige's cause.
She tells UsMagazine.com, "Lady GaGa donated a huge cheque and just wanted to be involved. It means so much! And of course Jay-Z is involved."
Revealing her admiration for GaGa, Blige adds, "We have the same management team, and she loves me and I love her. I always tell her when I see her that nobody brings me joy like she does when I watch her videos - they just crack me up!"
"I just tell her to just be her! I say, 'You're amazing and just keep doing what you're doing!' I love what she's doing, and she's not letting anybody hold her back and she's not following the leader, she's leading."
Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Hudson and Queen Latifah all helped to boost the profile of FFAWN by performing at a charity concert in Manhattan on Sunday, May 1.
More Lady GaGa News
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos