Lady GaGa Donates to Mary J. Blige's Scholarship Fund
The two singers have bonded over their charity work and Mary J. Blige reveals the "Poker Face" hit maker Lady GaGa has made a substantial donation to her Foundation For the Advancement of Women Now (FFAWN) organization, which provides scholarships for disadvantaged New Yorkers.
But GaGa isn't the only celebrity to lend support to Blige's cause.
She tells UsMagazine.com, "Lady GaGa donated a huge cheque and just wanted to be involved. It means so much! And of course Jay-Z is involved."
Revealing her admiration for GaGa, Blige adds, "We have the same management team, and she loves me and I love her. I always tell her when I see her that nobody brings me joy like she does when I watch her videos - they just crack me up!"
"I just tell her to just be her! I say, 'You're amazing and just keep doing what you're doing!' I love what she's doing, and she's not letting anybody hold her back and she's not following the leader, she's leading."
Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Hudson and Queen Latifah all helped to boost the profile of FFAWN by performing at a charity concert in Manhattan on Sunday, May 1.
More Lady GaGa News
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video
- Ryan Murphy Shares New 'American Horror Story' Season 7 Clue
- Topless Kylie Jenner Smokes Cigarette in Throwback Photo
- 'Preacher' 2.02 Sneak Peeks: Jesse Confronts the Saint of Killers
- Artist of the Week: Selena Gomez
- Fighting Over Karrueche? Chris Brown's Crew Allegedly Confronts Migos at BET Awards After-Party
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer