Chris Brown's Mum Wants Him to Discuss and 'Deal With' Rihanna Attack
The "Kiss Kiss" hit maker Chris Brown fell from grace after he was convicted of assaulting his then-girlfriend Rihanna in February 2009.
He sat down for a candid chat with CNN newsman Larry King months afterward, but has refused to discuss the matter ever since - even losing his temper and smashing a window at the "Good Morning America" TV studios in March when he was quizzed about the incident by presenter Robin Roberts.
But Chris Brown's mum Joyce Hawkins - herself a victim of domestic violence - wishes her son would discuss his feelings about the attack because his troubles will continue to haunt him until he learns how to let go.
She tells Sister 2 Sister magazine, "I think he really needs to talk about the situation in itself, what actually happened to Rihanna... so that he can get that out for himself."
"He has to learn to deal with it and go on with his life. This is something that happened; it was a huge mistake... it was not good at all. But he is still a human being and we all make mistakes and we live and we go on with it. But he has to own it, deal with it and move on with his life."
Brown completed a court-ordered anger management course last year as part of his sentence. He was also placed on five years probation and handed six months of community service.
More Chris Brown News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding