David Beckham Supports Japan
Much of the eastern coast of Japan was left devastated when a huge tidal wave surged inland following the quake in March, and around 30,000 people are thought to have died in the disaster.
David Beckham has previously visited the country several times and was impressed with the locals he met - and he's convinced their courage and generosity will help them "rise to the challenge" of rebuilding the region.
In a video posted on his Facebook page, he says, "I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that my thoughts are with you during this very difficult time."
"I'm lucky to have had the opportunity to visit Japan many times and I have great memories of your beautiful country. The Japanese people are very special and have always amazed me with your generosity, warmth and courage."
"In the face of this terrible disaster we know that together you will rise to the challenge and work as one to overcome any obstacle, as Japan has always done. We are with you now and will always be."
More David Beckham News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3