David Beckham Supports Japan
Much of the eastern coast of Japan was left devastated when a huge tidal wave surged inland following the quake in March, and around 30,000 people are thought to have died in the disaster.
David Beckham has previously visited the country several times and was impressed with the locals he met - and he's convinced their courage and generosity will help them "rise to the challenge" of rebuilding the region.
In a video posted on his Facebook page, he says, "I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that my thoughts are with you during this very difficult time."
"I'm lucky to have had the opportunity to visit Japan many times and I have great memories of your beautiful country. The Japanese people are very special and have always amazed me with your generosity, warmth and courage."
"In the face of this terrible disaster we know that together you will rise to the challenge and work as one to overcome any obstacle, as Japan has always done. We are with you now and will always be."
More David Beckham News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent