David Beckham Supports Japan
Much of the eastern coast of Japan was left devastated when a huge tidal wave surged inland following the quake in March, and around 30,000 people are thought to have died in the disaster.
David Beckham has previously visited the country several times and was impressed with the locals he met - and he's convinced their courage and generosity will help them "rise to the challenge" of rebuilding the region.
In a video posted on his Facebook page, he says, "I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that my thoughts are with you during this very difficult time."
"I'm lucky to have had the opportunity to visit Japan many times and I have great memories of your beautiful country. The Japanese people are very special and have always amazed me with your generosity, warmth and courage."
"In the face of this terrible disaster we know that together you will rise to the challenge and work as one to overcome any obstacle, as Japan has always done. We are with you now and will always be."
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Lady GaGa Set to Release New Album in 2017
- 'My Super Sweet 16' Is Getting a Revival on MTV
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass