David Beckham Supports Japan
Much of the eastern coast of Japan was left devastated when a huge tidal wave surged inland following the quake in March, and around 30,000 people are thought to have died in the disaster.
David Beckham has previously visited the country several times and was impressed with the locals he met - and he's convinced their courage and generosity will help them "rise to the challenge" of rebuilding the region.
In a video posted on his Facebook page, he says, "I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that my thoughts are with you during this very difficult time."
"I'm lucky to have had the opportunity to visit Japan many times and I have great memories of your beautiful country. The Japanese people are very special and have always amazed me with your generosity, warmth and courage."
"In the face of this terrible disaster we know that together you will rise to the challenge and work as one to overcome any obstacle, as Japan has always done. We are with you now and will always be."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'