David Hasselhoff: 'I've Only Met Two People Who Didn't Know I'm Famous'
David Hasselhoff has enjoyed massive fame around the globe since the 1970s thanks to his starring roles in two of the biggest TV hits of all time, "Knight Rider" and "Baywatch".
And the star is adamant only a handful of people don't know who he is, revealing that even his own dad struggles to differentiate between his son and his famous on-screen roles.
During an interview for "Piers Morgan's Life Stories", he says, "I like it when people don't know who I am. It makes for a great conversation because it's not about me. But I've only ever met two who don't know me."
"My dad still calls me Michael, because of Michael Knight. A lot of people do - I even used to be Michael Knight on my answering machine".
"Sometimes I can't even walk out of my hotel room because I can't handle it. And people aren't being nasty, they're just being people, freaking out because they saw David Hasselhoff."
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why