David Hasselhoff: 'I've Only Met Two People Who Didn't Know I'm Famous'
David Hasselhoff has enjoyed massive fame around the globe since the 1970s thanks to his starring roles in two of the biggest TV hits of all time, "Knight Rider" and "Baywatch".
And the star is adamant only a handful of people don't know who he is, revealing that even his own dad struggles to differentiate between his son and his famous on-screen roles.
During an interview for "Piers Morgan's Life Stories", he says, "I like it when people don't know who I am. It makes for a great conversation because it's not about me. But I've only ever met two who don't know me."
"My dad still calls me Michael, because of Michael Knight. A lot of people do - I even used to be Michael Knight on my answering machine".
"Sometimes I can't even walk out of my hotel room because I can't handle it. And people aren't being nasty, they're just being people, freaking out because they saw David Hasselhoff."
More David Hasselhoff News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding