David Hasselhoff: 'I've Only Met Two People Who Didn't Know I'm Famous'
David Hasselhoff has enjoyed massive fame around the globe since the 1970s thanks to his starring roles in two of the biggest TV hits of all time, "Knight Rider" and "Baywatch".
And the star is adamant only a handful of people don't know who he is, revealing that even his own dad struggles to differentiate between his son and his famous on-screen roles.
During an interview for "Piers Morgan's Life Stories", he says, "I like it when people don't know who I am. It makes for a great conversation because it's not about me. But I've only ever met two who don't know me."
"My dad still calls me Michael, because of Michael Knight. A lot of people do - I even used to be Michael Knight on my answering machine".
"Sometimes I can't even walk out of my hotel room because I can't handle it. And people aren't being nasty, they're just being people, freaking out because they saw David Hasselhoff."
More David Hasselhoff News
- New 'Jumanji' Movie Will Center on Video Game Instead of Magical Board Game
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single Featuring Pharrell, Ariana Grande and Young Thug
- New Boyfriend? Ellie Goulding Spotted Getting Cozy With Athlete Caspar Jopling
- 'The Flash' 3.19 Preview: Meet Future Barry Allen
- Natalie Portman Will Portray Bull Rider in 'Bronco Belle'
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon