Adele Drinking Again to Celebrate Success
The "Chasing Pavements" hitmaker, Adele gave up booze in 2008 but took up drinking again to help her write her second album, "21".
She quit alcohol for a second time after confessing she hated not remembering her drunken antics - but after 21 topped the charts in dozens of countries earlier this year, Adele decided to celebrate with a drink.
She tells Britain's The Sun, "When I work, I don't drink. But touring is different. On the road as news was coming through about us going to number one in different places the band would all say, 'Come on, Adele, have a celebration drink with us'."
"What was I meant to do, sit in my dressing room on my own with a mineral water?"
More Adele News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy