Producer Slams Lady GaGa's 'Born This Way' Rip-Off Rumor
A producer who worked on Lady GaGa's "Born This Way" track has slammed suggestions the track is a rip-off of Madonna's "Express Yourself", insisting most modern songs sound familiar. The "Poker Face" sensation came under fire following the release of the lead track of her second album earlier in 2011 after critics and fans pointed out the song's tune is almost identical to that of the "Material Girl" 's classic.
However, DJ White Shadow, who helped produce the track, is convinced many songs currently in the charts sound like old tunes - and insists it is the kooky pop star who is the real victim of copycats. He says, "I think it was bulls**t to be honest."
"I guess there are a hundred songs that you could put a pitch shift and a BPM [beats per minute] change on and loop and make them sound like anything. Actually there are five songs out that are exactly the same song, on the radio at the same time. Right now. Why doesn't anyone ever bring that up? That's a f**king felony."
"How many people have been copying GaGa since she came out? Oh, I have that answer: everyone. Have you seen all the lightning bolts painted on faces, or the one hand eye cover-ups during photos? How about the fact that there was barely any dance music on the radio until 'Just Dance' came out?"
"Come on motherf**kers, let's keep it real here. If we are going to talk about who is chasing who, I think we all know the answer to that."
GaGa herself has vehemently denied she plagiarized Madonna's song.
More Lady GaGa News
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single