Jay-Z and U2 Land Sports Emmy Awards
The hip-hop superstar Jay-Z won the Sports Emmy for Outstanding Music Composition/Direction/Lyrics on Tuesday, May 3.
His collaboration with Rihanna and Kanye West was remixed with the CBS network's National Football League theme song for a special promo, in which Jay-Z performed with an orchestra and played maestro. The clip aired at the start of the big game between the Indianapolis Colts and the New Orleans Saints.
Irish rockers U2 also landed a Sports Emmy from the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for their work with the ESPN channel for its presentation of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
Video footage of the band in concert in 2009 was mixed with backing music by the Soweto Gospel Choir to produce a stirring sports anthem.
More Jay-Z News
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert