Jay-Z and U2 Land Sports Emmy Awards
The hip-hop superstar Jay-Z won the Sports Emmy for Outstanding Music Composition/Direction/Lyrics on Tuesday, May 3.
His collaboration with Rihanna and Kanye West was remixed with the CBS network's National Football League theme song for a special promo, in which Jay-Z performed with an orchestra and played maestro. The clip aired at the start of the big game between the Indianapolis Colts and the New Orleans Saints.
Irish rockers U2 also landed a Sports Emmy from the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for their work with the ESPN channel for its presentation of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
Video footage of the band in concert in 2009 was mixed with backing music by the Soweto Gospel Choir to produce a stirring sports anthem.
More Jay-Z News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie