Jay-Z and U2 Land Sports Emmy Awards
The hip-hop superstar Jay-Z won the Sports Emmy for Outstanding Music Composition/Direction/Lyrics on Tuesday, May 3.
His collaboration with Rihanna and Kanye West was remixed with the CBS network's National Football League theme song for a special promo, in which Jay-Z performed with an orchestra and played maestro. The clip aired at the start of the big game between the Indianapolis Colts and the New Orleans Saints.
Irish rockers U2 also landed a Sports Emmy from the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for their work with the ESPN channel for its presentation of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
Video footage of the band in concert in 2009 was mixed with backing music by the Soweto Gospel Choir to produce a stirring sports anthem.
More Jay-Z News
- A Cheeky Man Outshines Doutzen Kroes During Bikini Photo Shoot by Baring His Bum
- Rita Ora Strips Down to Nude Bra on Instagram - See the Racy Lingerie Snap
- R. Kelly Sued for Allegedly Having a 5-Year Affair With a Man's Wife
- Tristan Thompson Reportedly Will Propose to Khloe Kardashian After NBA Championship
- 'Petty' Kylie Jenner's Not Happy Scott Disick Still Hangs Out With Her Ex Tyga
- 'The Walking Dead': The First Two New Characters in Season 8 Revealed
- 'Unbreakable'/'Split' Sequel 'Glass' Is Announced, Bruce Willis and James McAvoy Will Return
- Kim Kardashian's 'Jealous' of Kourtney's Hot Beach Body