Jay-Z and U2 Land Sports Emmy Awards
The hip-hop superstar Jay-Z won the Sports Emmy for Outstanding Music Composition/Direction/Lyrics on Tuesday, May 3.
His collaboration with Rihanna and Kanye West was remixed with the CBS network's National Football League theme song for a special promo, in which Jay-Z performed with an orchestra and played maestro. The clip aired at the start of the big game between the Indianapolis Colts and the New Orleans Saints.
Irish rockers U2 also landed a Sports Emmy from the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for their work with the ESPN channel for its presentation of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
Video footage of the band in concert in 2009 was mixed with backing music by the Soweto Gospel Choir to produce a stirring sports anthem.
More Jay-Z News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked