Jay-Z and U2 Land Sports Emmy Awards
The hip-hop superstar Jay-Z won the Sports Emmy for Outstanding Music Composition/Direction/Lyrics on Tuesday, May 3.
His collaboration with Rihanna and Kanye West was remixed with the CBS network's National Football League theme song for a special promo, in which Jay-Z performed with an orchestra and played maestro. The clip aired at the start of the big game between the Indianapolis Colts and the New Orleans Saints.
Irish rockers U2 also landed a Sports Emmy from the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for their work with the ESPN channel for its presentation of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
Video footage of the band in concert in 2009 was mixed with backing music by the Soweto Gospel Choir to produce a stirring sports anthem.
More Jay-Z News
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!