Rob Lowe Was Onboard Al Qaeda's 9/11 Test Flight
Former "The West Wing" and "Brothers & Sisters" star Rob Lowe didn't realize how close he came to the men behind the 2001 atrocities until he received a letter from the Attorney General of Maryland in excusing him from having to testify at the 2006 trial of hijack mastermind Zacarias Moussaoui.
Moussaoui, who was arrested after the 9/11 attacks on New York and The Pentagon that killed almost 3,000 people, was on Rob Lowe's flight from Washington, D.C. 11 days before the terrorist attacks.
He says, "I was shooting 'The West Wing' in D.C. at the time and I always took the flight that leaves Dulles to Los Angeles that they eventually put into the Pentagon."
"They tell me I've appeared on Zacarias Moussaoui's list of people he wants to depose for his trial (sic) and I think, 'This has gotta be an April Fools (prank).' I had my lawyer check it out and indeed that's how I found out that flight was a dry run and I was surrounded by these guys."
"I looked around the cabin and I don't remember anything in particular; nobody looked scary, nobody looked like a terrorist."
Moussaoui is serving a life sentence at the SuperMax prison in Colorado after being convicted for his part in the 9/11 attacks.
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia