Rob Lowe Was Onboard Al Qaeda's 9/11 Test Flight
Former "The West Wing" and "Brothers & Sisters" star Rob Lowe didn't realize how close he came to the men behind the 2001 atrocities until he received a letter from the Attorney General of Maryland in excusing him from having to testify at the 2006 trial of hijack mastermind Zacarias Moussaoui.
Moussaoui, who was arrested after the 9/11 attacks on New York and The Pentagon that killed almost 3,000 people, was on Rob Lowe's flight from Washington, D.C. 11 days before the terrorist attacks.
He says, "I was shooting 'The West Wing' in D.C. at the time and I always took the flight that leaves Dulles to Los Angeles that they eventually put into the Pentagon."
"They tell me I've appeared on Zacarias Moussaoui's list of people he wants to depose for his trial (sic) and I think, 'This has gotta be an April Fools (prank).' I had my lawyer check it out and indeed that's how I found out that flight was a dry run and I was surrounded by these guys."
"I looked around the cabin and I don't remember anything in particular; nobody looked scary, nobody looked like a terrorist."
Moussaoui is serving a life sentence at the SuperMax prison in Colorado after being convicted for his part in the 9/11 attacks.
More Rob Lowe News
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them