Mariah Carey Reveals Babies' Names
The pop superstar Mariah Carey gave birth to husband Nick Cannon's babies on Saturday, April 30 - the couple's third wedding anniversary.
Mariah Carey decided against immediately releasing the names of the tots, but teased that they both began with the letter 'M' in a Twitter post.
But it appears she can no longer keep the news a secret and revealed all on Wednesday, May 4.
In a tweet to fans, a representative for the singer writes: "Mariah & Nick reveal the names of #dembabies Monroe Cannon & Moroccan Scott Cannon!"
Carey called her baby girl Monroe after her idol, late Hollywood icon Marilyn Monroe, while the couple took inspiration for its son's name from the Moroccan Room in the new mum's New York apartment, which features North African-themed decor. It was also where Cannon proposed to Carey after a whirlwind romance in 2008.
The baby boy shares his middle name with Cannon, which is also the maiden name of the TV personality's grandmother.
Little Monroe was not given a second name as Carey doesn't have one either, according to a spokesperson for the superstar.
More Mariah Carey News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding