Mariah Carey Reveals Babies' Names
The pop superstar Mariah Carey gave birth to husband Nick Cannon's babies on Saturday, April 30 - the couple's third wedding anniversary.
Mariah Carey decided against immediately releasing the names of the tots, but teased that they both began with the letter 'M' in a Twitter post.
But it appears she can no longer keep the news a secret and revealed all on Wednesday, May 4.
In a tweet to fans, a representative for the singer writes: "Mariah & Nick reveal the names of #dembabies Monroe Cannon & Moroccan Scott Cannon!"
Carey called her baby girl Monroe after her idol, late Hollywood icon Marilyn Monroe, while the couple took inspiration for its son's name from the Moroccan Room in the new mum's New York apartment, which features North African-themed decor. It was also where Cannon proposed to Carey after a whirlwind romance in 2008.
The baby boy shares his middle name with Cannon, which is also the maiden name of the TV personality's grandmother.
Little Monroe was not given a second name as Carey doesn't have one either, according to a spokesperson for the superstar.
More Mariah Carey News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story