Mariah Carey Reveals Babies' Names
The pop superstar Mariah Carey gave birth to husband Nick Cannon's babies on Saturday, April 30 - the couple's third wedding anniversary.
Mariah Carey decided against immediately releasing the names of the tots, but teased that they both began with the letter 'M' in a Twitter post.
But it appears she can no longer keep the news a secret and revealed all on Wednesday, May 4.
In a tweet to fans, a representative for the singer writes: "Mariah & Nick reveal the names of #dembabies Monroe Cannon & Moroccan Scott Cannon!"
Carey called her baby girl Monroe after her idol, late Hollywood icon Marilyn Monroe, while the couple took inspiration for its son's name from the Moroccan Room in the new mum's New York apartment, which features North African-themed decor. It was also where Cannon proposed to Carey after a whirlwind romance in 2008.
The baby boy shares his middle name with Cannon, which is also the maiden name of the TV personality's grandmother.
Little Monroe was not given a second name as Carey doesn't have one either, according to a spokesperson for the superstar.
More Mariah Carey News
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months