Matthew Leone 'Scared' of Live Return
The bassist of Madina Lake, Matthew Leone, was subjected to a savage beating in Chicago, Illinois in June last year after intervening in a domestic dispute between two strangers.
He made a remarkable recovery after undergoing brain surgery following the attack, and he wowed fans by returning to the stage at the band's gig in their hometown of Chicago last month, April 23.
Matthew Leone tells Kerrang! magazine, "I was really scared. By the time we started with "Never Take Us Alive", everything came back to me and felt normal. All that fear just disappeared and the energy of the fans carried me along the whole way."
Frontman Nathan Leone - Matthew's twin brother - adds, "We wanted to do this show so badly so we could be Madina again... We're all so proud of him."
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction