Matthew Leone 'Scared' of Live Return
The bassist of Madina Lake, Matthew Leone, was subjected to a savage beating in Chicago, Illinois in June last year after intervening in a domestic dispute between two strangers.
He made a remarkable recovery after undergoing brain surgery following the attack, and he wowed fans by returning to the stage at the band's gig in their hometown of Chicago last month, April 23.
Matthew Leone tells Kerrang! magazine, "I was really scared. By the time we started with "Never Take Us Alive", everything came back to me and felt normal. All that fear just disappeared and the energy of the fans carried me along the whole way."
Frontman Nathan Leone - Matthew's twin brother - adds, "We wanted to do this show so badly so we could be Madina again... We're all so proud of him."
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding