Michael Douglas Praises Annette Bening at Awards Gala
Michael Douglas attended the Stella by Starlight Gala in New York to present the Oscar-nominated "American Beauty" star Annette Bening with an award, and he made an impromptu speech praising her onscreen talents and her taming of her husband, notorious womaniser Warren Beatty.
Douglas, who starred with Annette Bening in 1995 movie "The American President", told fellow guests, "I'm still trying to figure out how Annette got Warren Beatty to settle down and get married. Think about what a great actress Annette Bening is... She and I had this amazing on-camera chemistry."
And Bening returned the compliment, adding, "While I was making 'The American President', no acting was required because, like my character, I fell in love with Michael Douglas."
Bening was given the Stella Adler Award, while fellow honorees included Liza Minnelli, who received the Marlon Brando Award. The annual gala raises funds for charitable programs sponsored by New York's Stella Adler Studio of Acting, where legendary screen stars including Robert De Niro and Harvey Keitel learned their trade.
- Laura Prepon Expecting First Child With Ben Foster
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger