Michael Douglas Praises Annette Bening at Awards Gala
Michael Douglas attended the Stella by Starlight Gala in New York to present the Oscar-nominated "American Beauty" star Annette Bening with an award, and he made an impromptu speech praising her onscreen talents and her taming of her husband, notorious womaniser Warren Beatty.
Douglas, who starred with Annette Bening in 1995 movie "The American President", told fellow guests, "I'm still trying to figure out how Annette got Warren Beatty to settle down and get married. Think about what a great actress Annette Bening is... She and I had this amazing on-camera chemistry."
And Bening returned the compliment, adding, "While I was making 'The American President', no acting was required because, like my character, I fell in love with Michael Douglas."
Bening was given the Stella Adler Award, while fellow honorees included Liza Minnelli, who received the Marlon Brando Award. The annual gala raises funds for charitable programs sponsored by New York's Stella Adler Studio of Acting, where legendary screen stars including Robert De Niro and Harvey Keitel learned their trade.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake