Michael Douglas Praises Annette Bening at Awards Gala
Michael Douglas attended the Stella by Starlight Gala in New York to present the Oscar-nominated "American Beauty" star Annette Bening with an award, and he made an impromptu speech praising her onscreen talents and her taming of her husband, notorious womaniser Warren Beatty.
Douglas, who starred with Annette Bening in 1995 movie "The American President", told fellow guests, "I'm still trying to figure out how Annette got Warren Beatty to settle down and get married. Think about what a great actress Annette Bening is... She and I had this amazing on-camera chemistry."
And Bening returned the compliment, adding, "While I was making 'The American President', no acting was required because, like my character, I fell in love with Michael Douglas."
Bening was given the Stella Adler Award, while fellow honorees included Liza Minnelli, who received the Marlon Brando Award. The annual gala raises funds for charitable programs sponsored by New York's Stella Adler Studio of Acting, where legendary screen stars including Robert De Niro and Harvey Keitel learned their trade.
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs