Beyonce Leads 'Flash-Dance' Event
The "Crazy In Love" hit maker, Beyonce Knowles, has slimmed down in recent months and has joined forces with U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama for her Let's Move initiative, in a bid to fight childhood obesity.
Beyonce re-recorded her song "Get Me Bodied" and altered the lyrics to promote the benefits of staying fit and healthy, and she headed to the P.S. 161 middle school in Harlem on Tuesday to continue the campaign.
The 29 year old donned a campaign t-shirt and danced to her tune with pupils in a simultaneous "flash-dance" event, while Obama also took part in the routine at the Alice Deal Middle School in Washington.
Obama says, "Beyonce is one of my favorite performers on the planet. And when she agreed to remake her video and do this "Let's Move" flash workout, I was so excited, because this is what we've been talking about - that exercise and moving can be fun. It's about dancing, it's about moving."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip
- Katie Holmes Looks Gloomy Amid Rumor She Gets 'Dumped' by Jamie Foxx
- New 'Game of Thrones' Set Video Captures the Monumental Meeting
- Jay-Z to Host Clinton Concert Aimed at Young Black Voters in Ohio
- Here's the First Look at Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock on 'Ocean's Eight' Set
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years