Beyonce Leads 'Flash-Dance' Event
The "Crazy In Love" hit maker, Beyonce Knowles, has slimmed down in recent months and has joined forces with U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama for her Let's Move initiative, in a bid to fight childhood obesity.
Beyonce re-recorded her song "Get Me Bodied" and altered the lyrics to promote the benefits of staying fit and healthy, and she headed to the P.S. 161 middle school in Harlem on Tuesday to continue the campaign.
The 29 year old donned a campaign t-shirt and danced to her tune with pupils in a simultaneous "flash-dance" event, while Obama also took part in the routine at the Alice Deal Middle School in Washington.
Obama says, "Beyonce is one of my favorite performers on the planet. And when she agreed to remake her video and do this "Let's Move" flash workout, I was so excited, because this is what we've been talking about - that exercise and moving can be fun. It's about dancing, it's about moving."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding