Beyonce Leads 'Flash-Dance' Event
The "Crazy In Love" hit maker, Beyonce Knowles, has slimmed down in recent months and has joined forces with U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama for her Let's Move initiative, in a bid to fight childhood obesity.
Beyonce re-recorded her song "Get Me Bodied" and altered the lyrics to promote the benefits of staying fit and healthy, and she headed to the P.S. 161 middle school in Harlem on Tuesday to continue the campaign.
The 29 year old donned a campaign t-shirt and danced to her tune with pupils in a simultaneous "flash-dance" event, while Obama also took part in the routine at the Alice Deal Middle School in Washington.
Obama says, "Beyonce is one of my favorite performers on the planet. And when she agreed to remake her video and do this "Let's Move" flash workout, I was so excited, because this is what we've been talking about - that exercise and moving can be fun. It's about dancing, it's about moving."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does