Sam Jones III Involved in Drug Deal for Friend
Actor Sam Jones III only agreed to take part in a dangerous drug deal to help a pal pay off a debt to a Mexican criminal cartel, according to court documents. The former "Smallville" star has pleaded guilty to a charge of conspiracy to supply drugs while being involved with a narcotics ring, which saw a gang allegedly attempting to sell more than 10,000 oxycodone pills, a highly potent painkiller.
He is set to be sentenced on June 22 and is facing up to 20 years in jail, but in new court papers obtained by TMZ, the actor allegedly claims he felt compelled to take part in the drug operation to help his friend Tom Cataloni pay off a $90,000 (GBP56,000) debt to dealers.
In the document, Jones also insists he should be handed a reduced sentence as he only played a "minor role" in the gang's activities, the website reports.
- Beyonce Delays Start of Her Minneapolis Concert due to Storm
- Kelly Osbourne Retaliates Against Ozzy's Alleged Mistress. How?
- Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. Fly to California to Surprise Cancer-Stricken Fan
- New 'Halloween' Movie Is in the Works With the Original's Helmer Attached
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Blac Chyna Shares First Ultrasound Picture Along With Sweet Message for Rob Kardashian
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise