Sam Jones III Involved in Drug Deal for Friend
Actor Sam Jones III only agreed to take part in a dangerous drug deal to help a pal pay off a debt to a Mexican criminal cartel, according to court documents. The former "Smallville" star has pleaded guilty to a charge of conspiracy to supply drugs while being involved with a narcotics ring, which saw a gang allegedly attempting to sell more than 10,000 oxycodone pills, a highly potent painkiller.
He is set to be sentenced on June 22 and is facing up to 20 years in jail, but in new court papers obtained by TMZ, the actor allegedly claims he felt compelled to take part in the drug operation to help his friend Tom Cataloni pay off a $90,000 (GBP56,000) debt to dealers.
In the document, Jones also insists he should be handed a reduced sentence as he only played a "minor role" in the gang's activities, the website reports.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones