Sam Jones III Involved in Drug Deal for Friend
Actor Sam Jones III only agreed to take part in a dangerous drug deal to help a pal pay off a debt to a Mexican criminal cartel, according to court documents. The former "Smallville" star has pleaded guilty to a charge of conspiracy to supply drugs while being involved with a narcotics ring, which saw a gang allegedly attempting to sell more than 10,000 oxycodone pills, a highly potent painkiller.
He is set to be sentenced on June 22 and is facing up to 20 years in jail, but in new court papers obtained by TMZ, the actor allegedly claims he felt compelled to take part in the drug operation to help his friend Tom Cataloni pay off a $90,000 (GBP56,000) debt to dealers.
In the document, Jones also insists he should be handed a reduced sentence as he only played a "minor role" in the gang's activities, the website reports.
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner