Sam Jones III Involved in Drug Deal for Friend
Actor Sam Jones III only agreed to take part in a dangerous drug deal to help a pal pay off a debt to a Mexican criminal cartel, according to court documents. The former "Smallville" star has pleaded guilty to a charge of conspiracy to supply drugs while being involved with a narcotics ring, which saw a gang allegedly attempting to sell more than 10,000 oxycodone pills, a highly potent painkiller.
He is set to be sentenced on June 22 and is facing up to 20 years in jail, but in new court papers obtained by TMZ, the actor allegedly claims he felt compelled to take part in the drug operation to help his friend Tom Cataloni pay off a $90,000 (GBP56,000) debt to dealers.
In the document, Jones also insists he should be handed a reduced sentence as he only played a "minor role" in the gang's activities, the website reports.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic