Sam Jones III Involved in Drug Deal for Friend
Actor Sam Jones III only agreed to take part in a dangerous drug deal to help a pal pay off a debt to a Mexican criminal cartel, according to court documents. The former "Smallville" star has pleaded guilty to a charge of conspiracy to supply drugs while being involved with a narcotics ring, which saw a gang allegedly attempting to sell more than 10,000 oxycodone pills, a highly potent painkiller.
He is set to be sentenced on June 22 and is facing up to 20 years in jail, but in new court papers obtained by TMZ, the actor allegedly claims he felt compelled to take part in the drug operation to help his friend Tom Cataloni pay off a $90,000 (GBP56,000) debt to dealers.
In the document, Jones also insists he should be handed a reduced sentence as he only played a "minor role" in the gang's activities, the website reports.
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2