Waka Flocka Flame Cleared of Drug Charges
Hip hop star Waka Flocka Flame has been cleared of drug related charges after a jury in Georgia ruled there was not sufficient evidence to convict the rapper. The 24-year-old took to Twitter to share the good news with his fans. "All charges droped from when police ran N my house #GoDsGooD #squad," so he wrote
The "Onion Booty" hitmaker, real name Juaquin Malphurs, surrendered to Atlanta-area police in January after an arrest warrant was issued for the star's arrest stemming from a raid on his Georgia home last year. He was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and was subsequently bailed after posting $40,000 (GBP26,667).
In a Henry County Court earlier this week (beginning May 2), a grand jury decided to clear Malphurs of possession of a controlled substance and possession of weed measuring less than an ounce. Three other charges stemming from the raid on his home were dropped before the case went to court, according to TMZ.com.
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs