Waka Flocka Flame Cleared of Drug Charges
Hip hop star Waka Flocka Flame has been cleared of drug related charges after a jury in Georgia ruled there was not sufficient evidence to convict the rapper. The 24-year-old took to Twitter to share the good news with his fans. "All charges droped from when police ran N my house #GoDsGooD #squad," so he wrote
The "Onion Booty" hitmaker, real name Juaquin Malphurs, surrendered to Atlanta-area police in January after an arrest warrant was issued for the star's arrest stemming from a raid on his Georgia home last year. He was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and was subsequently bailed after posting $40,000 (GBP26,667).
In a Henry County Court earlier this week (beginning May 2), a grand jury decided to clear Malphurs of possession of a controlled substance and possession of weed measuring less than an ounce. Three other charges stemming from the raid on his home were dropped before the case went to court, according to TMZ.com.
- Justin Bieber Shares His Old Mugshot, Reflects on His Troubled Past
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her