Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's Performance for 'American Idol' Finale
Feuding Aerosmith bandmates Steven Tyler and Joe Perry have set aside their differences and plan to prove they're still very much pals by performing together on the season finale of "American Idol".
The rockers fell out when Tyler announced plans to take an indefinite hiatus from the band in late 2009 and Perry publicly considered replacing the frontman. The band reunited for shows in 2010, but Perry and Tyler fell out again when the singer announced he'd be joining TV talent show American Idol as a judge last year.
Tyler revealed he and his Aerosmith bandmates had started work on new material earlier this year, but Perry wasn't part of the studio get-together. But, after months of trading barbs, it appears Tyler and Perry have agreed to put the past behind them.
In a new Billboard.com interview, Tyler says, "I sent Joe a bunch of songs and he sent me a bunch of licks. We've e-mailed back and forth with each other. We're getting together for my father's birthday - he'll be 95 - in May and I'm gonna have a band meeting, at which time we're gonna settle a lot of the tumult that's been going on in the last year between lawyers and managers."
"Sometimes other people try to keep us apart, so it's a little difficult. I'm with different management. They're with different management, they've got their lawyers. I've got my lawyers. When we get together in a room, magic happens. Things get settled. It's just hard right now, but who knows what this summer will bring. We're in the middle of an album cycle. We may go out and do some shows, and we're already booked for November-December, South America and Japan."
And the band has a pressing engagement to perform on the season finale of "Idol". Tyler reveals, "We're playing the last show of the season. When I came on board, of course they were talking about, 'Are you going to sing with the contestants?' I said, 'I'll do a song, sure,' but it was always my intention, always, to get Aerosmith on the show."
More Aerosmith News
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test