Shania Twain Reveals 'Pathetic' Email She Sent to Ex-Husband's Mistress
Singer Shania Twain has published the "pathetic" email she sent to her one-time best friend after she ran off with the star's husband Mutt Lange in her new memoir, "From This Moment On". The country beauty was left devastated when she discovered her husband was romancing her former assistant and confidante Marie-Anne Thiebaud the day after Lange filed for divorce - and admits she begged her friend to give up the music mogul.
Going public with the letter she sent during an appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Tuesday, May 3, Twain read, "Please leave us in peace... I'm begging you. I am so low, so broken hearted, I can't take it anymore. I wish you love and happiness but I am dying... Have mercy. This is killing me."
"I loved him so much that I can't cope anymore. I don't want life or love anymore. I just want peace. Why are you torturing me? If you could see me crying and suffering, maybe you would have pity. Find love somewhere else from someone else that isn't hurting two families so much. All of us have to suffer for the two of you. It just isn't right."
Twain revealed she published the letter in her new book because she wanted to share the moment with other betrayed wives. She told Oprah Winfrey, "I know it was pathetic... but we all have pathetic moments and that is why I shared it."
More Shania Twain News
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Attend Rob's Wedding, Says He's 'Full of Bulls**t'
- Lea Michele Teases 'Scream Queens' Season 2 With This Picture
- Ariel Winter Announces She's Single With Kim Kardashian Meme. See the Funny Clip!
- Watch Beyonce, Desiigner, Bryson Tiller Rock the 2016 BET Awards
- 'Finding Dory' Beats 'Independence Day: Resurgence' at Box Office
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family